Supplier Quality Engineer Apprentice-2
GE Renewable Energy
Stafford, United Kingdom
13 days ago
Job Description SummaryGE Grid serves customers globally with over 10,000 employees in approximately 70 countries. Grid Solutions helps enable utilities and industry to effectively manage electricity from the point of generation to the point of consumption, helping to maximize the reliability, efficiency, and resiliency of the National Grid. Worldwide, 90% of the power transmission utilities have been equipped by GE.
GE’s UK-based factory in Stafford is offering the opportunity to join the team, providing an apprenticeship that will result in becoming a highly skilled Supplier Quality Engineer, supporting our dynamic and exciting Large Project operations. Offering Level 5 training and education, whilst supported by GE’s strategic partners, this is a challenging and rewarding opportunity to enter the growing world of renewable energy.
- For the duration of the apprenticeship, you will gain practical experience and develop theoretical knowledge whilst obtaining formal qualifications which are recognised and fully transferable with most other industries.
- Have a structured training plan with objectives and measured levels which need to be achieved.
- Day release to a local college to acquire an Electrical Engineering qualification.
- Gain an excellent understanding of High Voltage Products and Projects.
- Work with and be mentored by experienced Supplier Quality Engineers.
- Visit equipment manufacturing facilities to gain an understanding how the various products are made and work.
- Learn to manage suppliers.
- Develop Root Cause Analysis skills
Behavioural / Skill Requirements:
- Be diligent, punctual and behave in a responsible manner in accordance with the requirements of Health and Safety legislation relating to the apprentice’s responsibilities as an individual.
- Always promote the company’s best interests.
- Comfortable and willing to learn digital tools and commit to use them in the daily work.
- Have an unwavering drive and dedication to achieve and maintain targets.
- Excellent communication skills are required, along with the ability to accurately follow work process instructions.
- You will have a keen sense of achievement and take pride in the work you undertake and produce.
- Be highly self-motivated.
- Be able to work as part of a team and independently.
- Possess a strong commitment and enthusiasm to the role and the apprenticeship.
- Have good problem-solving abilities, be curious.
- High degree of flexibility, extremely motivated with the ability to work under pressure.
- Undertake training, attend courses, and carry out such work as may be required, within the relevant time scales and deadlines, in order to achieve the selected framework outcomes specified in the apprentice’s personal training plan.
- Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working - UK Border Agency website.
Education / Professional Experience:
- Two A Levels plus a minimum of five GCSEs or equivalent at Grade C/4 or above which must include Maths, English and, preferably, a pure Science subject. Alternatively, a BTEC Level 3 qualification in an Engineering discipline.
Technical knowledge and skills:
- Experience of common Microsoft packages
- Good IT / Computer skills.
- Experience of any design software package however basic.
Grid Solutions, a GE Renewable Energy business, serves customers globally with over 13,000 employees. We provide power utilities and industries worldwide with equipment, systems, and services to bring power reliably and efficiently from the point of generation to end power consumers. We are focused on addressing the challenges of the energy transition by enabling the safe and reliable connection of renewable and distributed energy resources to the grid. For more about GE’s Grid Solutions, visit https://www.gegridsolutions.com.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No