Supplier Performance Engineer
GE Renewable Energy
Stafford, United Kingdom
7 days ago
Job Description SummaryGE - Renewable Energy would like to recruit a Supplier Performance Engineer to work from our office in Stafford. The SPE (Supplier Performance Engineer) develops and maintains relationships with suppliers to ensure they are executing our purchase orders in accordance with GE Grid Solutions requirements. Participate in the company initiative to expand the supply base globally.
Collaborate with all stake holders (internal & external) for sustained annual performance targets across Quality, Delivery, and Cost with nominated critical poor performing Suppliers.
- Drive supplier selection, defined by the Strategic Sourcing Plan, through robust qualification processes.
- Support, Collect, Evaluate and Perform audit requests from the Product lines.
- Confers with suppliers and analyses supplier questions to determine factors affecting performance (Quality, Delivery and Cost).
- Perform Periodic & Surveillance supplier audits and coordinate supplier self-assessments as required.
- Evaluates supplier quotes and services to determine if they are compatible with company objectives and supplier capacities & capabilities.
- Identify competency gaps within the supply chain process by analysis of Key Performance Indicators and intelligence gathering to develop, introduce, and lead Supplier Improvement Plans
- Works with Product Lines and Global Commodity Leaders to address critical issues related to customer needs and supplier performance.
- Identify potential new suppliers and prepare develop plan.
- Develop and maintain communications with all levels of staff and suppliers by communicating openly and honestly, treating all people with dignity, respect and courtesy.
- Provide leadership during investigations of major problems and or special projects focusing on developing working relationships with suppliers and the supply chain with regard to product development and procurement of parts.
- Approx 60% Travel
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) and related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred: Previous quality engineering and/or purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment to include raw material, stamping, fabrications and assembly of detail components. Low cost country supply chain experience.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No