Job Description SummaryThe NPI Project Manager (PM) will be responsible for the successful initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of New Product Introduction projects through to industrialization.
The NPI-PM will become a key interface to manage internal stakeholders within HVDC portfolio. The incumbent must have a combination of skills including an ability to ask penetrating questions, detect unstated assumptions and resolve conflicts, as well as more general management and leadership skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage integrated project teams, including sub-contractors, to deliver projects on time, on cost and to quality.
- Provide leadership and technical direction to the team to meet project and departmental specific objectives ·
- Responsible to define the project work breakdown structure (WBS), detail delivery plan, resources and skill levels required to meet the delivery timescales.
- Responsible to implement the NPI gated governance process within assigned project.
- Hold regular team project status reviews for individual projects. Update project metrics. Refocus teams as necessary to ensure project requirements are met.
- Maintain an overview of all assigned projects and communicate status with Management.
- Hold project gate reviews in line with project timing and NPI process requirements and meet all deliverables on time.
- The incumbent will be the conduit to communicate with all stakeholders, liaison and reporting of project status, issues, and actions.
- Participate in corrective action requests, root cause analysis, problem-solving teams as related to issues affecting the project.
- Is the 'voice of the customer' for all their projects
Required Skills And Qualifications
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical / Electronics)
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven skills in managing and leading team with strong technical background
- Project management experience within a related product technology/engineering development environment.
- Experienced in product / process development, verification and validation techniques and tools
- Practical knowledge of change management, problem solving and Agile project management.
- The person is results driven and demonstrates a sense of urgency for meeting deliverables.
- Effectively works with changing priorities and follows up on tasks and assignments
- Holds the project team and oneself accountable for achieving the results expected by stakeholders and customers
- Has a clear understanding of customer needs and expectations and seeks improvements in customer service
- Proactively responds to stakeholders in a timely manner
- Leadership attributes
- A ''can do' attitude and work ethic
- An organised and process driven work approach.
About GE Grid Solutions:
At GE Grid Solutions we are electrifying the world with advanced grid technologies. As leaders in the energy space our goal is to accelerate the transition for a more energy efficient grid to full fill the needs of tomorrow. With a focus on growth and sustainability GE Grid Solutions plays a pivotable role in integrating Renewables onto the grid to drive to carbon neutral. In Grid Solutions we help enable the transition for a greener more reliable Grid. GE Grid Solutions has the most advanced and comprehensive product and solutions portfolio within the energy sector.
Why we come to work:
At GE Renewable Energy, our engineers are always up for the challenge - and we’re always driven to find the best solution. Our projects are unique and interesting, and you’ll need to bring a solution-focused, positive approach to each one to do your best. Surrounded by committed, loyal colleagues, if you can dare to bring your ingenuity and desire to make an impact, you’ll be exposed to game-changing, diverse projects that truly allow you to play your part in the energy transition.
What we offer:
Working in an international team which is part of global Engineering HVDC Centre of Excellence within Grid Integration based in Stafford and Berlin.
A key role in a dynamic, international working environment with a large degree of flexibility of work agreements
Competitive benefits, and great development opportunities
Relocation Assistance Provided: No