Senior Tendering Application Engineer
GE Renewable Energy
Stafford, United Kingdom
30+ days ago
Job Description SummaryGE Grid Systems Integration (GSI) are looking for a Senior Tendering Application Engineer to work in our Grid Solutions business on our High Voltage AC and DC substation bids.
The successful candidate will be based in our Stafford office.
GSI, a GE Renewable Energy business, serves customers globally with over 2,200 employees worldwide. We provide power utilities and industries worldwide with equipment, systems and services to bring power reliably and efficiently from the point of generation to end power consumers.
GSI are focused on addressing the challenges of the energy transition by enabling the safe and reliable connection of renewable and distributed energy resources to the grid including HVDC, HVAC, FACTS and service agreements. We electrify the world with advanced grid technologies and accelerate the energy transition.
The successful candidate will be the lead engineer of a diverse team of designers, engineers and work with the bid managers in preparing bids for High Voltage AC & DC substations and Offshore windfarms, battery energy storage and green hydrogen production opportunities to support the Green Energy Transition.
The role requires a dynamic and enthusiastic individual with a good knowledge of the tendering bid process and possesses a deep understanding of relevant markets and customer economic value that aid winning bid strategies.
The candidate requires a strong technical knowledge of high voltage AC substation design and primary plant with a understanding and appreciation of protection, control/SCADA including OT cyber security, telecom, metering, current and voltage transformer specifications and substation integration.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare the bid submission for opportunities as mentioned above.
- Provide technical substation design and primary plant expertise to develop technical solutions as part of the tendering process while interfacing with the commercial team.
- Technical analysis of client needs to define and optimise products selection
- Prepare technical documentation for bid submission defining scope (description); schedule; cost, considering contract and internal policies and procedures.
- Preparation of equipment/services technical specifications.
- In-depth understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. In-depth understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- Uses some level of judgment and has ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters but with guidance.
- Uses prior experience and on-the-job training to solve straightforward tasks.
- Has access to technical skills and analytical thinking required to solve problems.
- May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to achieve results.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Power Electrical Engineering undergraduate Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- Exceptional experience in the Engineering / Technology & Customer Application Engineering in Transmission and/or Distribution industry (other similar industries would be considered).
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute to very tight delivery schedules
- Fluent oral and written English.
- Ability to analyse and resolve problems.
- Experience in windfarm and or HVDC designs.
About GE Grid Solutions:
At GE Grid Solutions we are electrifying the world with advanced grid technologies. As leaders in the energy space our goal is to accelerate the transition for a more energy efficient grid to full fill the needs of tomorrow. With a focus on growth and sustainability GE Grid Solutions plays a pivotable role in integrating Renewables onto the grid to drive to carbon neutral. In Grid Solutions we help enable the transition for a greener more reliable Grid. GE Grid Solutions has the most advanced and comprehensive product and solutions portfolio within the energy sector.
Why we come to work:
At GE Renewable Energy, our engineers are always up for the challenge - and we’re always driven to find the best solution. Our projects are unique and interesting, and you’ll need to bring a solution-focused, positive approach to each one to do your best. Surrounded by committed, loyal colleagues, if you can dare to bring your ingenuity and desire to make an impact, you’ll be exposed to game-changing, diverse projects that truly allow you to play your part in the energy transition.
What we offer:
Working in an international team which is part of global Engineering HVDC Centre of Excellence within Grid Integration based in Stafford and Berlin.
A key role in a dynamic, international working environment with a large degree of flexibility of work agreements
Competitive benefits, and great development opportunities
Relocation Assistance Provided: No