Job Description SummaryFor Grid Solutions, HVDC represents a key differentiating technology and a central focus for the business, particularly in Europe where Transmission System Operators have very ambitious renewable energy targets.
In this context, Grid Solutions is looking for a Senior Risk and Opportunity Manager for a Major HVDC Project in UK within a Consortium Project Organisation.
If you want to be part of a Major adventure at the heart of the energy transition in Europe and have a passion to be part of a large & complex project team with multi-cultural international team, we want to hear from you!
Essential Responsibilities: & Skills:
- The Risk Manager's responsibilities include conducting extensive research and assessments to evaluate risk levels and develop contingency plans and solutions that reduce and control risks and liabilities.
- Define a R&O management process at Consortium level in Energy businesses.
- Ensure adherence to the PMO (project management office) processes and tools.
- Leading the opportunities generation, including cost out / savings opportunities.
- Proficiency in risk management, financial analysis, and related software.
- Review the contractual framework to ensure we capture the risks we need to review/approve.
- Support in the validation of our Civil Work & Erection partners (CW&E) and risk assessment.
- Manage the creation of the Risk and Opportunities Project approval dashboard.
- Periodic review and approval of the risk list and percentage of RAI in our projects in accordance with the GSI NE Project Governance.
- Planning, designing and implementing risk management strategies for the Project.
- Organise and Chair project risk review with the Project Team and Client.
- Providing risk reports to senior management
- Lesson Learned management.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Extensive attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in business, management or another related field.
- Demonstrable experience in Project R&O Management.
- Experience defining a R&O management process at Consortium level.
- PMP Certification
- Leadership program experience
- Established project management skills.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No