Job Description SummaryGE – Renewable Energy would like to recruit a Project Manager to work within the Power Transmission - Northern Europe Services business to be responsible for project delivery, profit & loss accountability, and customer satisfaction through management of project related activities and resources. You will be responsible for planning/execution and will be focused on the execution of professional activities within a technical discipline. You will function with some autonomy but be guided by established policies or review of end results. The job allows modification of procedures and practices covering work as long as the end results meet standards of acceptability (quality, volume, timeliness etc.). This individual will manage a full cross functional team involved in design, sourcing, manufacturing and other functions, so as to ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with defined Safety, Quality, Cost and Time (SQCD) targets.
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for the delivery of all Services turnkey and standard UK Projects within a Substation / Power Station environment ranging from (£10K - £15M) associated with both the GE Solutions Grid Product Lines. The Project Manager shall plan, manage and deliver all projects from transfer through to Provisional Acceptance Certificates (PAC) and final cash collection, ensuring that any additional business opportunities are pursued. Delivering high levels of customer satisfaction and maximum project margin and value.
- Developing and maintaining expected and actual project costs
- Developing and maintaining Project timescales providing contingency planning where required to ensure a timely delivery
- Managing the scope content ensuring that all stakeholders are aware of the project scope and any implications of a change
- Risk and Opportunity management. Ensuring that all risks and issues are identified and where appropriate mitigated.
- To provide an accurate monthly management report of all assigned projects
- Call and lead Gate reviews with the key stakeholders with the project
- Ensure all project authorization is secured both technically and financially
- To communicate effectively with all the stakeholders
- Provide project leadership and guidance from project concept through to project delivery to customer and to conduct project feedback reviews at the appropriate time.
- It is expected that this position will act as the focus for project based activities and perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- To manage the smooth operation of the assigned Projects. To co-ordinate, monitor and manage Project activities to ensure timely performance in accordance with contractual requirements
- To develop and maintain close relationships with Customers (UK and overseas).
- To ensure that Project costs are reviewed on a regular basis and are kept within agreed budgets / targets. To report (as frequently as required) on Project progress and to produce performance related information. To ensure that Project invoices are raised without delay and overdue debts are kept to a minimum.
- To ensure that Project extras are captured and covered by formal Variations to Contract and Early Warning Notices
- To ensure full compliance with all contractual requirements, both commercial and technical.
- To ensure projects are delivered to the satisfaction of the customer and to the acceptance certificate.
- Ideally an Engineering Degree or equivalent in electrical or science based subject (BSc, BEng, HND, HNC) with relevant Project Management or Commercial experience, or with an equivalent level qualification in Business Studies.
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
- Experienced in Project management for both complex, high value, multi-disciplinary projects and standard projects.
- Good operational knowledge of Risk Management and contract management.
- Good communicator. Must be able to present complex scenarios whilst maintaining relevant focus.
- Experience of managing multi-disciplinary teams
Relocation Assistance Provided: No