Region EHS Manager
GE Renewable Energy
Stafford, United Kingdom
9 days ago
Job Description SummaryResponsible for leading and managing the environmental, health and safety (EHS) aspects in a business line for a region with a Focus on Project organization.
Ability to support Projects organization on different execution scope , like Turnkey project, consortium partner EPC… From Civil Work to end commissioning for Onshore and offshore activities for a GRID business.
- Main Point of Contact for a Business Line in the region. Report to the Regional Operational Leader of his/her Business Line and to the Global EHS Business Line Leader.
- Ability to hire and train EHS organization to cover multi country, lead multicultural organization and team.
- Understand regulatory changes and trends and forecast business impacts.
- Drive implementation of GE and regulatory EHS expectations within his/her region activities, including at customer sites, workshops, etc.
- Actively support the Regional Operational Leader of his/her Business line in EHS matters.
- Develop strong working relationship with operational team in his/her scope and help drive the expected EHS performance and culture across all operations.
- Ensure appropriate resources are available in his/her regions to support his/her Business Line in accordance with the Global Business Line EHS Leader
- Work closely with the Business Line EHS team
- Drive Business Line initiatives and actions at regional level
- Consolidate regional data for his/her Business Line
- Set-up EHS operating rhythm and momentum at regional Business Line level (accident calls, EHS reviews, etc.)
- Coordinate delivery of EHS training as required.
- Coordinate with Business line EHS Leaders incident investigation and ensure that investigations of accidents and compliance incidents are conducted, documented and reported as required.
- Ensure all internal and external EHS reporting is completed on time and with accuracy
- Ensure GE and legal compliance in his/her Business Line in the region
- Implement and conduct audit programs to identify existing or potential EHS hazards and liabilities, determine corrective or preventative measures where indicated and manage the resolution of identified issues.
Degree in engineering, environmental science, safety management or other EHS-related technical discipline from an accredited college/university is required. Graduate degree is preferred (Country EHS Accreditation is required)
- At least 5 years of EHS program development, implementation, and leadership experience with a focus on business segments such as chemical, electric power, refining, Off shore or similar industrial sector.
- Experience with direction and leadership of EHS programs with operating assets and teams located in multiple countries
- Strong knowledge of and experience with major environmental regulatory and permitting programs addressing subject including but not limited to: air quality, water quality, hazardous chemical management, industrial safety, etc.
- Strong knowledge of, and experience with, fundamental health & safety programs including but not limited to Lockout-Tagout-Try, Confined Space, Electrical Safety, Hazardous Chemical Management/Process Safety Management, etc.
- Experience with and knowledge of independent standards organizations and certification programs such as ISO 14001, ISO 45001, etc.
- Experience with integration/implementation of EHS programs with newly acquired facilities/businesses is desired.
- Professional certification/credentials in the areas of safety management, environmental management, industrial hygiene, or engineering that are issued by a recognized professional organization are preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in the successful delivery of outstanding results through effective EHS program development, implementation, and management.
- Strong "consultant" skills, including the ability to influence and motivate leaders and employees through collaborative engagement and building/maintaining relationships.
- High energy, motivation and commitment to take personal ownership of issues and drive them to exceptional outcomes.
- Fluency in the English language is required, additional language as French would be appreciated.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate information to a broad range of people and audiences as circumstances dictate.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical reports and regulatory documents/standards, make sound judgments, and offer effective solutions.
- Ability to successfully manage and develop personnel in remote locations and work in a team environment across a multi-site organization with a variety of cultures.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time
Relocation Assistance Provided: No