Proposal Manager - HVDC PDG (M / F / D)
GE Renewable Energy
Stafford, United Kingdom
22 days ago
Job Description SummaryThe position holder will be leading delivery of highly complex, large scale and international HVDC tenders (contracts >100MUSD).
In addition, may also manage few small to medium size tenders as support to project team (variation order on existing contracts, etc) or business development team (pre-qualification, etc).
- Review enquiry documents to establish a bid strategy in association with Capture Team Leaders to deliver the tender in an efficient manner, maximize Customers satisfaction and increase probability of success.
- Lead the appointed tendering team so as to deliver the bid in line with agreed bid strategy, organize the tendering activities, Co-ordinate with Engineering, sourcing & project Management team to optimize the technical solution and commercial proposal.
- Build and manage tender schedule, lead tender reviews, monitor and report on tender progress. Identify and report any issue or deviation to bidding strategy in a clear and anticipated manner. Propose mitigation actions based on experience and implement corrective actions.
- Establish the tender sourcing strategy in collaboration with technical team and sourcing team, organize preparation of enquiry documentation and liaise with internal suppliers in order to receive compliant offer.
- Build up the cost estimate, ensure all costs are properly validated and adequate risks provisions are considered for projects. Establish a realistic target cost at early stage of the tender and challenge any costs which does not compare with target cost to avoid both over and under estimation.
- Lead preparation of tender documentation in line with bidding strategy. Ensure sufficient time is available for review and validation of documentation before submission to Customer
- Lead preparation of Customer meetings and negotiations, ensure clarifications/answers/presentations are available and reviewed ahead of Customers requests, and organize appropriate team to participate in Customer meetings. Develop and maintain outstanding relationships with Customer
- Ensure adherence of the tendering team to tendering procedures and tools, in particular all relevant tender approvals and gates should be obtained and recorded in a timely manner.
- Provide leadership during the tender review process in addressing any concern so as to ensure on time delivery of the tender outputs. Also, ensure that all comments received during the Tender Approvals are recorded and addressed before submittal of the proposal.
- Propose and implement tendering process improvement aiming at significantly increasing the business financials: increase tendering teams efficiency (reduction of tender costs) and improve the quality of the bid (reduce tendering slippage and enhance customer satisfaction)
- Develop and maintain technical knowledge of products and solution so as to better anticipate technical issues and promptly elaborate mitigation actions.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of market trends, customer requirements, and competitor actions, and provide recommendations to internal departments in order to better meet Customers satisfaction.
- Take reasonable care of your own safety, your colleague’s safety and the environment. Comply with GE Health and Safety Policy and Environment Policy.
- Demonstrate EHS leadership and ensure zero Deviation plan is implemented within the team
- Take responsibility to reward and encourage direct reports to take proactive steps toward all matters related to EHS in the workplace.
- Identify and evaluate EHS risk in own area and implements practical measures.
- Participate in hierarchical / team safety visits and leads EHS improvement initiatives
- Set objectives and measures results to encourages EHS performance as a contributing factor to reach business objectives
- Set the example by demonstrating the proper acts and actively observes work conditions and behaviors, giving constructive feedback and celebrating EHS effective prevention.
- Actively participate in defining corrective actions when work is unsafe or when an uncontrolled risk is observed.
- Routinely observe routines and behaviors of others and provides immediate feedback regarding unsafe behavior and celebrates achievements or safe behaviors.
- Actively and routinely promote the identification of hazards and near misses to their team/s.
- Promote safety by design practices.
- Participate of Hazid and Hazop reviews in projects.
- Comply with GE quality procedures and processes.
- Report or resolve non-conformances and process in a timely manner.
Educational requirements & experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or proven experience of equivalent level.
- Exceptional experience of working in a large international engineering projects environment, including proven experience in the successful management of complex tenders (or project) of medium to large scale, including sound understanding of commercial management and contract terms.
- Proven ability to lead contract negotiations with Customers in an international environment
- Demonstrated ability to work under very time constrained activities
- Good Knowledge of HVDC / FACTS applications
- Good understanding of electrical power system engineering for Utility customers
- Knowledge of the company’s business set-up, aims and procedures
- High degree of IT Literacy (Excel, Powerpoint, Words, MS project, …) with excellent numerical skills.
- Willingness to travel outside of UK (at least once a month)
- Leadership potential and good organizational skills
- Customer orientated
- Team worker, strong motivator
- Ability to Make Decisions/Sense of Urgency
- Excellent time management
- Good communication skills with Customers and internal stakeholders
- Highly motivated.
About GE Grid Solutions:
At GE Grid Solutions we are electrifying the world with advanced grid technologies. As leaders in the energy space our goal is to accelerate the transition for a more energy efficient grid to full fill the needs of tomorrow. With a focus on growth and sustainability GE Grid Solutions plays a pivotable role in integrating Renewables onto the grid to drive to carbon neutral. In Grid Solutions we help enable the transition for a greener more reliable Grid. GE Grid Solutions has the most advanced and comprehensive product and solutions portfolio within the energy sector.
Why we come to work:
At GE Renewable Energy, our engineers are always up for the challenge - and we’re always driven to find the best solution. Our projects are unique and interesting, and you’ll need to bring a solution-focused, positive approach to each one to do your best. Surrounded by committed, loyal colleagues, if you can dare to bring your ingenuity and desire to make an impact, you’ll be exposed to game-changing, diverse projects that truly allow you to play your part in the energy transition.
What we offer:
Working in an international team which is part of global Engineering HVDC Centre of Excellence within Grid Integration based in Stafford and Berlin.
A key role in a dynamic, international working environment with a large degree of flexibility of work agreements
Competitive benefits, and great development opportunities
Relocation Assistance Provided: No