Job Description SummaryThe Project Procurement & Logistics Manager (PPLM) is responsible for the procurement execution of a complete HVDC/ACS project, from Engineering to Construction, of a large and complex project.
The successful candidate is fully responsible for the overall activities and commitments for this package, including on-time delivery, quality and cost as per the negotiated contract.
This opportunity will be the main interface between our subcontractors / partners and the project team during all project execution.
The PPLM is responsible for:
- Coordinating all stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure the on-time issuance of all deliverables of her/his package. This includes, without being exhaustive, engineering documentation, purchase requisitions, purchase orders, ITP, FAT and SAT documentation…
- Coordinating all stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure proper execution of his/her package in the respect of the contract and GE rules.
- Ensuring permanent alignment between partners/subcontractor’s schedule and the project planning. Organize periodic planning reviews and coordinates all necessary mitigation plan.
- Owning quality, costs and delivery performances for the complete scope.
- Support the Project Procurement Leader, the Project Director and Commodity Leader, to define and execute a claim management strategy toward our subcontractors/partners.
- Making sure that our contract T&C’s are also applied to our subcontractors/partners (back to back conditions).
- Monitoring risks and opportunities for her/his scope and set-up mitigation plan accordingly.
- Producing periodic progress monitoring and reporting to all stakeholders.
- Following up timely closure of Non-conformities (NCRs) related to suppliers.
- Supporting the Project Director and the Project Procurement Leader to produce the project execution strategy at project start.
- Effectively distributing and communicating relevant project information within the Procurement team.
- Representing Procurement in project meetings internally and externally, if so required by Project Director.
- On time delivery of suppliers’ performance.
- Execution within budget according to contracts
- Successful claim management against third parties.
- Objectives and performance measurements are defined on a yearly basis.
Desired Profile & Experience:
- In depth experience as Senior Purchasing Manager / Project Manager
- Negotiation skills either with supplier base or with customers.
- Decision making, problem solving, ability to independently resolve issues with difficult suppliers.
- General knowledge of purchasing standards, policies, procedures, and Sourcing management philosophy.
- Ability to work efficiently in cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of construction aspects (Civil works, mechanical & electrical erection, site management)
- Good understanding of legal/contractual aspects of an EPC contract.
- Risk management knowledge.
- Effective communication and teamwork capability.
- Ability to coach & develop team members. Accountability, resilience, autonomy, and leadership.
- Knowledge in scheduling/planning of large and complex projects.
- Understanding of the Power Industry and the Products would be advantageous.
About GE Grid Solutions:
At GE Grid Solutions we are electrifying the world with advanced grid technologies. As leaders in the energy space our goal is to accelerate the transition for a more energy efficient grid to full fill the needs of tomorrow. With a focus on growth and sustainability GE Grid Solutions plays a pivotable role in integrating Renewables onto the grid to drive to carbon neutral. In Grid Solutions we help enable the transition for a greener more reliable Grid. GE Grid Solutions has the most advanced and comprehensive product and solutions portfolio within the energy sector.
Why we come to work:
At GE Renewable Energy, our engineers are always up for the challenge - and we’re always driven to find the best solution. Our projects are unique and interesting, and you’ll need to bring a solution-focused, positive approach to each one to do your best. Surrounded by committed, loyal colleagues, if you can dare to bring your ingenuity and desire to make an impact, you’ll be exposed to game-changing, diverse projects that truly allow you to play your part in the energy transition.
What we offer:
Working in an international team which is part of global Engineering HVDC Centre of Excellence within Grid Integration based in Stafford and Berlin.
A key role in a dynamic, international working environment with a large degree of flexibility of work agreements
Competitive benefits, and great development opportunities
Relocation Assistance Provided: No