Project Manager Off-shore Works
GE Renewable Energy
Stafford, United Kingdom
30+ days ago
Job Description SummaryAs an Offshore Project Manager (hook-up, construction, commissioning) you will have responsibility for the execution of infield hook-up, construction, and commissioning works at an offshore HVDC converter platform. Your responsibilities shall also include, but are not limited to, the Health, Safety, Security and Welfare of all personnel working on the offshore converter platform and the protection of the environment.
The post holder must have excellent project management skills, including the ability to manage complex activities and work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders, and communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Manage the offshore converter platform commissioning scope in alignment with the Project Management Plan and Project Execution Plan.
- Ensure emergency preparedness and response plans are developed and emergency exercises and drills are scheduled to ensure suitability.
- Coordinate and support the execution works of the offshore hook-up and construction in close collaboration with the contractors.
- Coordinate the hook-up, construction, and commissioning interfaces with other disciplines within the project.
- Coordinate the project interfaces with the Marine Warranty Surveyor
- Ensure the commissioning activities stay within the budget together with the Project Director.
- Coordinate personnel transfers to/ from JUB to converter platform together with the JUB Rig Manager.
- Secure quality of commissioning works and documentation.
- Provide operational support for contractors and subcontractors.
- Coordinate hook-up, construction, and commissioning activities with main suppliers and sub-contractors. Prioritize work scopes as necessary.
- Report installation and commissioning progress
- Inform and report to Project Director on progress, deviations from the installation and commissioning plans and contractual matters that arise during the project.
- Manage the complete offshore electrical scope including installation, quality, and commissioning of LV, MV & HV equipment.
- Manage the overall commissioning plan within the agreed project schedule.
- Lead and participate in commissioning meetings including but not limited to, individual scope meetings, internal commissioning team meetings & contractor meetings.
- Administer the mandatory trainings that the team needs before being able to work at sea (heli training, EHS, etc).
- Manage overall commissioning time schedule, including key milestones by liaising with planner to update the P6 program.
- Coordinate construction, installation & commissioning activities using the daily ROC drills, toolbox talks, HSE briefings and planning meetings.
- Participate in witnessing of FAT.
- Ensure that the commissioning activities follow all required standards and safe systems of work meet UK legislative requirements.
- Report hook-up, construction, and commissioning activities to the project team, site management and relevant stakeholders.
- Contribute actively to evaluation of the project and capture lessons learnt throughout the project in Smartsheet.
- Review of ITPs from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Contribute to the review of Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS) for all work activities.
- Obtain General Work Acceptance Permit (GWAT) from the client for all work activities.
- Knowledge and experience of offshore converter platforms
- Knowledge of installation and testing of electrical equipment
- Able to manage a team of supervisors
- Able to manage both internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent English skills, both written and verbal
- Several years of relevant project experience in the offshore wind industry required.
- Good offshore project and stakeholder management skills, coordination skills and a talent for driving solutions to achieve outcomes in a fast-paced environment.
- Commissioning experience within the field of MV/HV equipment, SCADA, Protection, low voltage and utility installations and components.
- Be able to work on a project basis, as part of a 24/7 operation
- Should be degree qualified in a relevant subject
Relocation Assistance Provided: No