Job Description SummaryGE Renewable Energy would like to recruit a Production Technician - PCB's to work from our office in Stafford, working with our team of Engineers your main duties would include troubleshooting electronic Relays and PCB's, plus supporting the production team across multiple production lines and develop a culture to improve our first pass yield and reduce PCB block stock by analysing data to provide corrective and preventative actions.
- Support minor re-design activities due to component obsolescence and design improvements generated by internal quality and/or defect analysis of failed production PCB.s
- Configuration management and release of design data (Legacy Products only)
- Compilation of technical data for product approval. (Legacy Products only)
- Update of internal documentation. (Legacy Products only)
- Technical liaison with Hardware Engineers within the R&D Hardware CoE Team, and other engineering departments such as software and applications will be expected.
- Provide expertise to ensure the timely resolution of Production’s related issues occurring on the existing product ranges.
- Support internal audits and enforce adherence to documented policies and procedures to uphold quality of designs.
- Review of block stock production related issues.
- PCB Analysis of failed production PCB’s
- Engineering Assistance Request- Raise where necessary and follow through for specific GSC related requests which can impact delivery or cost of poor quality.
- Coordinate with Customer Support CoE / Repair Centres for any internal analysis / actions to be done based on the Customer complaints and repairs and to confirm if any internal issues are reflected in the field /repairs
- Assist with other additional tasks at the Senior Production Quality Staff Manager discretion.
- Escalate issues using the correct internal Processes.
Educational and Experience:
- HNC In Electronics
- Experience in the use of design/simulation tools.
- Knowledge and experience from a similar industrial industry including electronics, mechanical and manufacturing disciplines.
- Understand build test philosophies.
- Investigate production failures and propose new solutions.
- Support PCB and Product build.
- Experience in PCB fault finding to component level and supply root cause analysis, preferably in PSR format.
- Familiarity and knowledge of the following areas of electronic hardware design would be useful.
- FPGAs/CPLDs, Memories, DSP/Microcontrollers.
- Power supply.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No