Job Description SummaryThe Grid Automation Plant leader is responsible for managing the daily operations of plants to ensure reliability and consistency in all activities of the Plant operations. This includes material planning and procurement, warehouse, shipping coordination, manufacturing operations, Quality, Lean, Contracts, Sales & Operation Planning and EHS. The Plant leader will focus on minimizing cost, driving best quality and delivering the highest Customer facing service performance for OTD, while achieving the Plant’s growth and profit targets in full compliance with GE Compliance Guidelines as stated in The Sprit and the Letter..
Roles and Responsibilities
- The position is responsible and accountable for providing strategic direction, planning and execution of manufacturing and supply chain initiatives to achieve set objectives for sales, contribution margin, safety, quality, cost, delivery, and inventory targets.
- Lead teams for the complete management of ‘FRONT END’ & ‘BACK END’ processes of Supply Chain including order registration, order acknowledgement, delivery confirmation, order follow-up, material planning, procurement, warehouse, shipping & logistics to provide world class Customer service, by having the shortest delivery lead-time and highest delivery commitment reliability.
- Achieve budget figures for sales, GM, operating profit, inventory.
- Achieve operational KPIs as per GSC dashboard focusing on EHS, quality, cost, delivery, and cash targets.
- Lead and drive the manufacturing excellence and continuous improvement culture in the Plant through implementation of Lean principles and tools.
- Be a change agent, led by example, coach teams for Lean competency and showing the value and benefits of Lean
- Identify big opportunities in the Plant for process efficiency/cost improvement and initiate/monitor project/actions within the Plant teams for VCP and Cost-out.
- Ensure the deployment of GE Corporate, GE Renewable policies, processes, standards.
- Leads others to find creative solutions within complex manufacturing processes with technical variety and/or interdependent production cycles. Employs sophisticated operational/product management, manufacturing or engineering techniques. Interaction with adjacent functions needed to solve issues. Has the ability to evaluate quality of information received and questions conflicting data for analysis. Uses multiple internal and external resources outside of own function to help arrive at a decision.
- Drive positive interactions with other GS/ GA Functions, GSC Plants, product lines and regions.
- Work closely with the global organization of Region Operations, Quality, Sourcing to resolve day to day issues for smooth functioning of plant and deliveries to customers
- Active participation and contribution in GSC meetings and governance related to QMI, GSC dashboard reviews, quality reviews.
- Maintain a healthy working environment by keeping workforce motivated and engaged.
- Demonstrate EHS leadership and ensure Zero Deviation Plan is implemented within the team.
- Hire, train, motivate and evaluate the potential of people in the Team and build required competencies.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years industry experience and/or Grid Automation experience.
- Minimum 5 additional years’ experience in a Supply Chain, Manufacturing operations position.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing leadership disciplines including production planning, inventory control, variable cost productivity, fulfilment metrics, quality, and cost systems.
- Proven mentoring and coaching skills demonstrated ability to motivate & inspire others.
- Ability to successfully maintain high morale, employee engagement, safety, and teamwork in mixed hourly and salaried environments.
- Inclusive leadership style, proven ability to build a connection with the team through personal involvement and trust
- Trained in Lean principles with demonstrated ability to apply tools and process rigor
Relocation Assistance Provided: No