Job Description SummaryThe Order Fulfillment Specialist (OFS) is responsible for ensuring that the specified scope (equipment & services) is completely delivered safely at the required location and at the right time as per contractual requirement
The OFS is responsible for:
- Raising purchase orders for equipment & services on SAP operating system.
- Ensuring that delivery schedules & progress reports are received from the suppliers in the correct form at the correct time. OFS shall review the report and further provide his/her comments.
- Leading kick off meeting with suppliers to define the co-ordination procedure for expediting.
- Actively supporting Engineering & Quality discipline for expediting of critical documentation.
- Expediting suppliers for progress of equipment/services allocated for his/her scope including coordination with internal disciplines to meet the project on-time deliveries & provide feedback to project team.
- Progress visits at supplier’s premises when necessary.
- Plan vs. actual comparative analysis of manufacturing planning, provide progress to project Team.
- Working with the suppliers to overcome delays with a concurred mitigation plan.
- Providing Material Tracking Application user guidance along with the MTA key user to suppliers for better understanding of the tool.
- Ensuring equipment is delivered safely, on time, to the correct location & in line with relevant incoterms
- Supporting Sourcing team/Project Procurement & Logistics Manager (PPLM) for claim management in case of supplier delays to contractual date.
- Ensuring Goods Receipt (GRN) completion within SAP system and ensure it reflects accurate on time delivery (OTD).
- Following all relevant processes, procedures & company quality policy.
- On-time complete delivery of specified material / package as per PO.
- Accuracy and timeliness of reporting.
- Adherence to the global processes and IT Tools for expediting,
- Works as per GE’s the spirit & the letter Integration.
Desired Profile & Experience:
- A good level of relevant years experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering beneficial, but not essential.
- Proven knowledge of the products being procured.
- Basic knowledge of Quality.
- Basic commercial awareness.
- Basic knowledge on planning and scheduling associated with the production.
- Languages: fluent in written and spoken English
- Knowledge of local language in the country of employment is considered as an advantage.
- Pro-active and problem-solving attitude.
- Networking and communication skills
- Organizational skills including prioritization and resource deployment.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers.
- Flexible with travels.
About GE Grid Solutions:
At GE Grid Solutions we are electrifying the world with advanced grid technologies. As leaders in the energy space our goal is to accelerate the transition for a more energy efficient grid to full fill the needs of tomorrow. With a focus on growth and sustainability GE Grid Solutions plays a pivotable role in integrating Renewables onto the grid to drive to carbon neutral. In Grid Solutions we help enable the transition for a greener more reliable Grid. GE Grid Solutions has the most advanced and comprehensive product and solutions portfolio within the energy sector.
Why we come to work:
At GE Renewable Energy, our engineers are always up for the challenge - and we’re always driven to find the best solution. Our projects are unique and interesting, and you’ll need to bring a solution-focused, positive approach to each one to do your best. Surrounded by committed, loyal colleagues, if you can dare to bring your ingenuity and desire to make an impact, you’ll be exposed to game-changing, diverse projects that truly allow you to play your part in the energy transition.
What we offer:
Working in an international team which is part of global Engineering HVDC Centre of Excellence within Grid Integration based in Stafford and Berlin.
A key role in a dynamic, international working environment with a large degree of flexibility of work agreements
Competitive benefits, and great development opportunities
Relocation Assistance Provided: No