Job Description SummaryAs part of the Industrialisation Function within the SMS Global Supply Chain Team and reporting to the NPI Process Manager, the Change Control Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Assessing the change instructions received from global Design Authorities (R&D Centers)
- Coordinating their implementation at the affected manufacturing facilities (currently SMS Stafford and SMP Pallavaram).
In addition, the purpose of the role is also to provide continual process improvement as the business needs change.
Scope & Summary of the Role & Execution Responsibilities:
- Assess the the impact of individual change requests on the Supply Chain organization.
- Participation in cross-functional meetings associated with product enhancement and general changes to agree appropriate release and implementation strategy to insure timely and cost-effective change implementation.
- Proactively coordinate change tasks and drive to a timely closure.
- Coordinate with Industrialisation Project Engineers on NPI change management tasks.
- Assist with the training of new or inexperienced employees in the use of the Change Management tool (currently Windchill).
- Maintain and monitor change process KPI’s and report monthly.
- Maintain process documentation.
- Take reasonable care of your own safety, your colleague’s safety and the environment. Fully comply with GE Health and Safety Policy and Environment Policy.
- Identify and evaluate EHS risk in own working area and implements practical measures.
- Participate in local team safety checks and contribute to EHS improvement initiatives
- Comply with GE quality procedures and processes.
Educational requirements & preferred experience:
- Demonstrable experience within an Electronic Engineering based company.
- Good understanding of a manufacturing environment/processes.
- Good knowledge of a business ERP system (preferably SAP).
- Good understanding of product Quality requirements.
- Sound appreciation of the impact of change and the importance of cost-effective coordination and implementation.
- HNC in Engineering or relevant experience.
- Good Organizational & Communication skills
- The ability to Plan own time and use performance indicators to check the progress and results of tasks.
- English (Fluent) - essential
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office application (Excel, Word)
- Ability to train others in use of equipment and process techniques.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No