Job Description SummaryThe Procurement Specialist is responsible for ensuring that the specified scope (package /material) is ordered and completely delivered at the required location and at the right time, as per contractual requirements.
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for:
- PO Placement in accordance to the business needs.
- Shall lead Supplier ‘Kick Off’ Meetings to define the co-ordination procedure for PO execution.
- Actively supports engineering & quality functions for expediting of critical documentation.
- Review and monitor critical documents submittal and approval status with Engineering and Quality function for timely release of Manufacturing clearance to meet “On time delivery” (OTD) target.
- Expedites the suppliers for progress of packages allocated to his/her scope including coordination with internal functions to meet the project / production on-time deliveries.
- PLAN-vs.-ACTUAL comparative analysis of manufacturing planning, raw material procurement and actual manufacturing activities. Procurement Specialist shall share expediting visit Reports timely with the production and/or project teams
- Ensures that order fulfillment plans are prepared, maintained and updated in timely fashion.
- Checks progress and builds relationships by conducting supplier visits as/when needed.
- Coordinates with relevant internal functions any supplier deviation requests from specifications (non-conformances), assessing the effect thereof on achieving Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost (SQDC) targets.
- Works with the suppliers to overcome delays via mitigation planning.
- For certain project procurement activities, shall provide MTA User Guide (upon MTA availability) to Supplier for better understanding of the tool.
- Shall support Sourcing team for claim management in case of supplier delays or Quality issues.
- Will support Sourcing team for issuing Contractual Letters to Suppliers in accordance to poor performance, late deliveries, quality issues.
- Shall work closely with suppliers in providing material forecasting to meet our needs.
- Shall provide standard Order Fulfillment requirement to Sourcing team for incorporation in Purchase Order.
- Shall discuss & prepare overall time schedule with Supplier prior to Order Placement.
- Shall provide Supplier Performance feedback to Sourcing/Commodity Leader.
- Shall follow all Order Fulfillment Processes, Tools and track Supplier OTD performance.
- On-time complete delivery of specified material / package as per PO.
- Accuracy and timeliness of reporting.
- Adherence to the global processes and IT Tools for expediting,
- Works as per GE’s the spirit & the letter Integration.
Desired Profile & Experience
- Minimum 3-5 years in Procurement / Purchasing role (Direct materials)
- Knowledge of procurement best practices and industry trends
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and procurement software (SAP)
- Dynamic and flexible approach of thinking
- An accomplished relationship-builder
- Energetic, forward-thinking individual
- Excellent attention to detail
- Commercial awareness (Pay Terms, Warranty, LD’s)
- Pro-active and problem-solving attitude
- Networking and communication skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions at all levels.
- Flexible with travel across Europe as needed.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No