Job Description SummaryThe Role – Maintenance Technician - Production / Test equipment
The Maintenance Technician will follow procedures to organise or carry out as necessary the service, calibration and repair of Production and test equipment.
Troubleshoot production and test equipment to component level & sub-assembly level utilising drawings, schematics and standard troubleshooting practices and procedures.
- Test and troubleshoot equipment using standard and specialised equipment.
- Set up test equipment and tests to perform service, calibration and repair of production / test equipment using established test procedures and schematics.
- Organise and Maintain Calibration status for all Manufacturing and test equipment to ensure ‘always in date’ status.
- Use of product test and measurement equipment, Digital/Analog Voltmeters, oscilloscopes, Hi-Pot meters, power supplies, and Automatic and Standard Test equipment, etc.
- Cross - train, mentor and provide technical assistance to other technicians.
- Perform cross functional tasks within similar situations resulting in standardised but not identical outcomes.
- Recommend and / or propose process improvements.
- Work with outside service providers to enable item service and calibration as required, including raising of necessary orders to complete the works.
- Understand and comply with all company, safety rules and regulations.
- Ability to maintain close specifications using tools & gages, schematics, and a variety of electronic equipment
The candidate will have a good level of general education and communication skills and will have previously worked in a manufacturing and Test environment, maintaining, and supporting production and test equipment.
In addition to relevant experience, an enquiring mind and desire to learn new skills are essential qualities.
Skills and Experience Preferred:
- HNC/HND or Engineering Degree in Electrical / Mechanical related discipline.
- EHS compliance and safe working practices
- Ability to deliver results, address and resolve technical issues.
- Experience in a manufacturing and Test environment with an electrical background.
- Interaction with others and good at sharing knowledge
- Mechanical engineering experience desirable
- Ability to interpret drawings and specifications.
- Ability to troubleshoot to component level.
Additional skills beneficial but not critical
- Lean experience
- Knowledge of HVDC product testing systems.
- Knowledge of Hydraulic pressure testing systems.
- Mechanical engineering experience desirable.
- Knowledge of CAD and Office based PC packages
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivating, proactive and results driven approach.
- Problem-solving and root cause identification skills
- Able to work to deadlines with good quality.
- Proficient in the English language, written and verbal. Other languages are an advantage.
- Fully conversant with ISO 9001: 2000 and ISO 14001 and preferably 18001.
About GE Grid Solutions:
At GE Grid Solutions we are electrifying the world with advanced grid technologies. As leaders in the energy space our goal is to accelerate the transition for a more energy efficient grid to full fill the needs of tomorrow. With a focus on growth and sustainability GE Grid Solutions plays a pivotable role in integrating Renewables onto the grid to drive to carbon neutral. In Grid Solutions we help enable the transition for a greener more reliable Grid. GE Grid Solutions has the most advanced and comprehensive product and solutions portfolio within the energy sector.
Why we come to work:
At GE Renewable Energy, our engineers are always up for the challenge - and we’re always driven to find the best solution. Our projects are unique and interesting, and you’ll need to bring a solution-focused, positive approach to each one to do your best. Surrounded by committed, loyal colleagues, if you can dare to bring your ingenuity and desire to make an impact, you’ll be exposed to game-changing, diverse projects that truly allow you to play your part in the energy transition.
What we offer:
Working in an international team which is part of global Engineering HVDC Centre of Excellence within Grid Integration based in Stafford and Berlin.
A key role in a dynamic, international working environment with a large degree of flexibility of work agreements
Competitive benefits, and great development opportunities
Relocation Assistance Provided: No