Job Description SummaryAs a Lead Control Automation System Engineer, you will be responsible to lead the requirement, design, implementation, and development of digital control system of the HVDC Control & Protection system.
As part of this role, you will be working closely across various engineering disciplines within HVDC business. Solution and engineering centre (NPI, ITO, OTR and Product Care) in all aspects of HVDC Control & Protection system, this includes developing organizational talent and Engineering process management, provide technical guidance, mentoring, drive consistent design practices, common global processes for projects implementation and also provide technical solution that meets the NPI, project delivery and Tender objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities
Overseeing the overall technical solution that meets customer Requirement based on reference Solution.
This includes the following actives:
- Responsible for leading overall requirement, design, implementation, and testing of digital control system of the HVDC Control & Protection system this includes network & Cybersecurity design
- Lead the configuration of IEC61850 IED’s via vendor specific tools and System Configuration Tools for complete system integration.
- Lead the generation of Substation Configuration description Language (SCL) files for system integration.
- Knowledge of Sequencing & interlocking principles used in substation automation systems and their implementation on IEC61850 IED’s.
- Lead the design, configuration and testing required to deliver on time and within defined budgets the HVDC Control System hardware.
- Lead the testing and debugging of complex IEC61850 communication systems using industry standard tools such as IEDSCout, Wireshark etc.
- Coordinate and interface the HVDC Control System with Balance of Plant equipment and SCADA systems:
- Define the main IO Lists of the control system
- Analyze signal interfaces and ensure compatibility with the control system
- Lead in collaboration with NPI teams, the configuration of Remote Terminal Units (RTU), Bay Controllers (BCU) and Merging Units for signal acquisition in digital substation environments.
- Lead the design of LAN networks/Communication Architectures and configuration of industrial ethernet switches/routers and satellite clocks
- Follow the departments standard design practices, engineering reviews and guidelines.
- Define Control Panel requirements and produce detailed design documentation for the control system using standard design blocks under the guidance of lead engineers.
- Panel Electrical Schematics (using Engineering Base tool)
- Wire/Cable Schedules
- Routine Test specification
- General Assembly drawings
- Bill of Materials
- Oversee the testing and FAT witnessing of the Control System.
- Prepare and present technical information for Substation Control Systems to internal and external customers.
- Assist site activities relevant to the installation and commissioning of the control system.
- Share engineering information and promote open dialogue.
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Responsible for coaching and developing department talent.
- Continuously improving the product in terms of delivery speed, stability and reliability
- Review and approve design documents, implement, and ensures quality deliverables on time and within targeted cost
- Degree in Electronics/Electrical engineering or related field.
- Strong background in configuring Substation Bay Controllers/Merging Units/ IEC61850 IED’s
- Demonstrated experience in control and protection system design
- Knowledge of industrial communication networks such as IEC61850 and Ethernet based protocols.
- Control & Protection Relay logics Design techniques
- Experienced in developing electrical designs for industrial control systems
- Knowledge of communication networks Security/Hardening and Cybersecurity best practices
- Excellent knowledge of commonly used Layer2&3 protocols such as Ipv4,OSPF,LACP,DMZ,VPN/ DMS/ADMS/ DNP, IEC, Modbus
- Experience relevant to electrical power systems and Substation automation engineering
- Working knowledge of industrial and utility electrical control and protection systems and Digital Control Systems, Substation Automation and SCADA
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
- Proven technical leadership in a complex system engineering development environment
- Proactively serves on cross functional leadership teams; Makes decisions independently; Pulls in experts when needed
- Demonstrates track record of designing quality systems/components that exceed design reqs,
beat cost targets, and exceed reliability targets
Relocation Assistance Provided: No