Lead Commodity Management Specialist
GE Renewable Energy
Stafford, United Kingdom
30+ days ago
Job Description SummaryAccountable for developing, leading and implementing commodity strategies to deliver on safety, quality, delivery and landed/lifecycle cost for the assigned commodities.
Commodity strategies tailored to Controls & NPI (New Product Introduction) scope.
Negotiate supplier Contracts, Pricing and transmit to Procurement teams.
Build and strengthen supplier and internal stakeholder relationships
Provide Supplier insights, benchmarking and market analysis activities
Duties include, but are not limited to :
- Manage sourcing strategy in line with GE existing global sourcing processes
- Ensure delivered products meet quality & on time delivery standards
- Support, maintain, and update key sourcing tools, processes, and systems
- Generate cost reduction and cash management actions
- Secure Supply Chain through Sourcing actions
- Benchmark & challenge current supplier portfolio
- Manage KPIs reporting and consolidation within the whole local sourcing group
- Strong collaboration with GE Key Commodity Leaders.
- Work closely with Tendering activities to ensure accuracy
- Facilitate action plan when Quality or Logistics issues with suppliers
Desired Profile & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college with Sourcing / Supply chain education preferred
- Experienced commodity manager, minimum 5+ years in Sourcing & Commodity management.
- Experience in sourcing a range of commodities, ideally within electrical industry.
- English spoken
- Strong negotiation skills
- General knowledge of purchasing standards, policies, procedures, and Sourcing management philosophy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sourcing / Supply Chain Management preferred
- Knowledge of purchasing practices, principles, and procedures
- Ability to analyze and present statistical data
- Solid experience with MS Office applications
- Strong communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Must be able to balance multiple tasks in a challenging, fast paced work environment.
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated team player with a strong initiative to win
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Demonstrated professional oral/written communication and negation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Working knowledge of SAP ERP system
- Experience with RFQ implementation and execution
- Ability to travel worldwide
Relocation Assistance Provided: No