Job Description SummaryCustomer facing staff responsible for winning business Impacts approaches, projects and programs in the functional area or affected business organization and ways of working.
Impacts quality, efficiency and effectiveness of own team.
Guided by commercial practices and policies that may be shaped by the role. Has significant control/influence over commercial priorities.
There is moderate autonomy within the role to enter into / execute Commercial arrangements.
High levels of Commercial judgement are required to achieve outcomes required.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Formulates and executes commercial strategy and business growth.
- Drives the customer intimacy , building your own network .
- Lead business development within the market, identifying opportunities for growth.
- Identifies market demands in terms of technology requirements and advancements, feeding back to business.
- Assists in customer negotiations.
- Identifies new opportunities with functional partners to develop new products and services for business growth.
- This is a hybrid role only to be used when both sales origination and commercial proposal activities are ongoing duties of roughly equal importance.
- Developing specialized knowledge of latest commercial developments in own area and communication skills to influence others.
- Contributes towards strategy and policy development and ensure delivery within area of responsibility.
- Has in-depth knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; has working knowledge of competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Uses judgment to make decisions or solve moderately complex tasks or problems within projects, product lines, markets, sales processes, campaigns or customers.
- Takes new perspective on existing solutions. Uses technical experience and expertise for data analysis to support recommendations.
- Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own function to arrive at decisions.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- May lead small projects with moderate risks and resource requirements. Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus. Developing persuasion skills required to influence others on topics within field.
- Ensure compliance to ITO process
- Mentor, when requested, new members of the Business Development Team
- Come forward with business strategy, partnership approach or de-scoping actions to ensure end success
- Ability to interact at Executive level internally and externally
- Exceptional experience in the industry (Engineering, Renewables, Utilities, Oil & Gas) as business development.
- This role requires significant experience in the Sales & Business Development
- Significant technical knowledge of HVDC and its market , product knowledge is essential .
- Knowledge level is comparable to a Master's degree from an accredited university or college ( or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
- Leadership potential and good organisational skills
- Team worker, strong motivator
- Ability to Make Decisions/Sense of Urgency
- Excellent time management
- Good communication skills with Customers and internal stakeholders
- Highly motivated.
JD External Advert essentials
About GE Grid Solutions:
At GE Grid Solutions we are electrifying the world with advanced grid technologies. As leaders in the energy space our goal is to accelerate the transition for a more energy efficient grid to full fill the needs of tomorrow. With a focus on growth and sustainability GE Grid Solutions plays a pivotable role in integrating Renewables onto the grid to drive to carbon neutral. In Grid Solutions we help enable the transition for a greener more reliable Grid. GE Grid Solutions has the most advanced and comprehensive product and solutions portfolio within the energy sector.
Why we come to work:
At GE Renewable Energy, our engineers are always up for the challenge - and we’re always driven to find the best solution. Our projects are unique and interesting, and you’ll need to bring a solution-focused, positive approach to each one to do your best. Surrounded by committed, loyal colleagues, if you can dare to bring your ingenuity and desire to make an impact, you’ll be exposed to game-changing, diverse projects that truly allow you to play your part in the energy transition.
What we offer:
Working in an international team which is part of global Engineering HVDC Centre of Excellence within Grid Integration based in Stafford and Berlin.
A key role in a dynamic, international working environment with a large degree of flexibility of work agreements
Competitive benefits, and great development opportunities
Relocation Assistance Provided: No