GA HR Internship
GE Renewable Energy
Stafford, United Kingdom
20 days ago
Job Description SummaryAs an HR Intern (1 Year Placement) you’ll get an opportunity to work closely with the HR team of Grid Solutions and partner to improve employee engagement, culture and talent management whilst collaborating closely with people leaders, employees and cross functional teams.
We are never satisfied with being satisfied and we constantly insist on being more tomorrow than we are today. You will play a vital part of making us better.
You will have an opportunity to make a real impact during your time with us. Assignments vary by the different businesses in Stafford but are guaranteed to be challenging and rewarding. A great opportunity to learn whilst doing. You will collaborate on exciting projects, not only with talented peers, but with top contributors in our HR field.
Your intern assignment of 1 year will be focused on specific HR areas such as:
- Employee engagement initiatives ideas.
- Work on innovative solutions to key HR challenges.
- Support with GE volunteering and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) events.
- Bring fresh perspective and introduce contemporary ideas.
- Support the resourcing in close partnership with Talent Acquisition, HR team and people leaders.
- Support the wing-to-wing recruitment process for Interns, Graduates, Apprentices and Hourly paid employees, including improving recruitment through social media platforms and employee referral programs.
- Track and support HR Managers on overseas recruitment, immigration & agreements.
- Support on-boarding and induction process for new hires.
- HR Administrative support including data management, time and attendance and various HR reports.
- Assist with integration projects ready for the spin-off.
- Assist with any other day-to-day operations.
- HR or other internship aligned with degree program discipline.
- Competent with MS Office applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working - UK Border Agency website
- Some recruitment experience would be an advantage.
- Willingness to take initiative, roll up one’s sleeves, get the work done, and celebrate big wins and lessons learned.
- Fast learner, able to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills - able to effectively interact with various levels within the organization.
- Able to efficiently prioritize and deliver in a dynamic and fast past environment.
- Possess a basic understanding of HR Matters.
- Being inclusive and having the imagination and courage to make changes.
- Great communication skills.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the UK for this opening.
Grid Solutions, a GE Renewable Energy business, serves customers globally with over 13,000 employees. We provide power utilities and industries worldwide with equipment, systems, and services to bring power reliably and efficiently from the point of generation to end power consumers. We are focused on addressing the challenges of the energy transition by enabling the safe and reliable connection of renewable and distributed energy resources to the grid. For more about GE’s Grid Solutions, visit https://www.gegridsolutions.com.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No