Competency & Recruitment Leader
GE Renewable Energy
Stafford, United Kingdom
30+ days ago
Job Description SummaryDrives the competence development for all resources in the HVDC Engineering functions, including the project teams.
Work together with Sourcing to select and develop our third party suppliers.
Provide effective counselling and support to the functional managers in relation to all company and management directives, guidelines and practices; Designs specific execution strategies for implementing talent mandates from the Engineering leader in coordination with the CTO Office.
Competency Strategy & Governance
- Define and implement competency management and in-house talent growth strategies based on mid- and long-term business needs
- Act as functional subject matter expert regarding Engineering competencies and leadership development frameworks.
- Liaise between Product Line Engineering functions and GS CTO to ensure business needs are integrated early on into the GS CTO competency strategies and frameworks.
- Provide high quality competency reports utilizing big data and people analytics technologies.
- Lead the HVDC People Governance and represent HVDC in the GS CTO Technical Session C
- Manage GS CTO Competency Assessment Centre through process design, tool selection and assessor trainings.
- Provide coaching on competency management subjects, such as interview skills and creating effective individual development plans.
- Collaborate with Quality function in competency assessment audit to safeguard process adherence and assessment quality.
- Super user of assessment or HR tools and recommend functionality changes or upgrades
Design a Master Knowledge Management System which includes:
- Technical Competency Library
- Master Training Plan
- Knowledge Record System
Partner with HR and business leaders to resolve current or future competency development needs.
Budgeting & Cost
- Defines the annual budget for competency management activities.
- Accountable for managing performance against agreed financial targets and KPIs.
- In cooperation with Product Line Engineering leader to drive down CoPQ resulted from competency deficiency.
Communication & Change Management
Design and lead communication in relation to competency management within GS CTO, such as:
- Annual Communication Plan
- Competency Management SharePoint
- Quarterly Newsletter
- Yammer Group
Create and implement change management plans and strategies that maximize employee engagement. Provide hands-on coaching when needed for change management.
- Initiates and executes competency management projects, including but not limited to project budgeting, planning, resources and communication management.
- Subject matter knowledge
- Quality Focus
- Customer Focus
- Collaborative / Decisiveness
- Presentation & Communication
- Global Mindset
- Experience from Project Management
- Master’s degree in HR or engineering
- Exceptional experience in Engineering or talent and competency management, knowledge of GE processes and tools preferred
- Deep knowledge of Grid markets with strong analytical skills to identify and tackle critical issues.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement through our Lessons Learned process GE
- Six sigma / lean practitioner expertise is preferred.
- Ability to work effectively across functions, prior experience of developing and managing a global team.
- Proven mentoring and coaching abilities to motivate & inspire others.
- Burning for people development
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrable interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
About GE Grid Solutions:
At GE Grid Solutions we are electrifying the world with advanced grid technologies. As leaders in the energy space our goal is to accelerate the transition for a more energy efficient grid to full fill the needs of tomorrow. With a focus on growth and sustainability GE Grid Solutions plays a pivotable role in integrating Renewables onto the grid to drive to carbon neutral. In Grid Solutions we help enable the transition for a greener more reliable Grid. GE Grid Solutions has the most advanced and comprehensive product and solutions portfolio within the energy sector.
Why we come to work:
At GE Renewable Energy, our engineers are always up for the challenge - and we’re always driven to find the best solution. Our projects are unique and interesting, and you’ll need to bring a solution-focused, positive approach to each one to do your best. Surrounded by committed, loyal colleagues, if you can dare to bring your ingenuity and desire to make an impact, you’ll be exposed to game-changing, diverse projects that truly allow you to play your part in the energy transition.
What we offer:
Working in an international team which is part of global Engineering HVDC Centre of Excellence within Grid Integration based in Stafford and Berlin.
A key role in a dynamic, international working environment with a large degree of flexibility of work agreements
Competitive benefits, and great development opportunities
Relocation Assistance Provided: No