Technical Application Engineer
GE Renewable Energy
18 days ago
Job Description SummaryOwn the project control activity globally and drive consistent functional specifications and common global processes for projects implementation. Activities that are conducted to better understand or ultimately meet the expectations of the customer Impacts departmental operations and responsible for planning/execution. The role has some autonomy but is focused on execution of activities within an operating discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Some judgment may be required but this is typically with guidance.
Roles and Responsibilities
- At a regional level - Provides technical expertise and develops technical solutions (configuration, performance estimation, economics, etc.) as part of the pre-ITO (requisition) process while interfacing with the commercial team. Possesses a deep understanding of power generation markets and customer economic value that aid winning bid strategies. To include 'ITO': Technical analysis of client need: definition and optimization of the products; scope (description); schedule; industrial scheme; cost, considering contract and internal policies and procedures. Calculation of plant, system and equipment performance and efficiency. Documentation of technical specifications & costing elements for further contract execution phases. This also includes OTR part where engineers work on customizing the products and implementing it for specific customer needs
- Developing in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline. Uses prior experience and acquired technical expertise to execute policy/strategy.
- In-depth understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. In-depth understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- Uses some level of judgment and has ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters but with guidance. Uses prior experience and on-the-job training to solve straightforward tasks. Has access to technical skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems. May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- A job at this level is likely to be an individual contributor with proven interpersonal skills or an early people leader who can hire and develop talent. Provides informal guidance to new team members
- For roles outside of the USA- This role requires advanced experience in the Engineering/Technology & Regional Customer Applications. Knowledge level is comparable to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college ( or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
- For roles in USA - Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s)).
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
Note:To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years’ experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No