Job Description SummaryExperienced wind resource analyst for N. American market. Own project completion in line with standards & best practices. Contribute to methods improvements while utilizing & developing cutting edge wind flow modeling tools. Direct support to Sales, Commercial team, and external customers.
GE’s Onshore Wind business has a total installed base of more than 50,000 wind turbines in more than 35 counties, with 100+ GW of global installed capacity. We harness increased onshore wind energy potential through a broad family of turbines that are uniquely suited for a variety of wind environments, including Cypress, GE’s most powerful onshore wind turbine, and GE’s 2MW platform, which has more than 20GW installed and in operation today. We are committed to our customers’ success in wind, offering a broad portfolio of products and services that make renewables the energy of choice for a cleaner future.
Why we come to work:
At GE Renewable Energy, our engineers are always up for the challenge - and we’re always driven to find the best solution. Our projects are unique and interesting, and you’ll need to bring a solution-focused, positive approach to each one to do your best. Surrounded by committed, loyal colleagues, if you can dare to bring your ingenuity and desire to make an impact, you’ll be exposed to game-changing, diverse projects that truly allow you to play your part in the green energy transition.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support new-units and services proposals by performing Wind Resource, Annual Energy Production, and Turbine Layout Optimization
- Translate measured wind conditions to wind resource characterizations and generate input conditions to Mechanical Loads Assessments
- Develop solutions to increase customer value and enable digital wind farm optimization.
- Contribute to and approve customer facing technical documents
- Communicate and provide recommendations through analysis, preparation, and presentation of technical material to internal and external audiences
- Collaborate with internal and external customers to advance internal and industry initiatives
- Drive simplification and standardization of best practices into engineering analysis, validation, and design execution
- Contribute to new and existing design practices
- Track industry trends and R&D initiatives
- Proactively implement trends and new ideas into our internal processes in collaboration with the global WRA team and relevant tool owners
- Attend relevant industry conferences and workshops.
- Foster metrics to maximize customer satisfaction and minimize resource consumption
- Lead peer reviews and provide coaching and mentorship in the team and business
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in Meteorology, Atmospheric Science, or a related field; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated Wind Resource Assessment and/or wind-related engineering and technology experience
- Experience with OpenWind, Windographer, GIS tools, and Wind Turbine micro-siting
- Experience with layout design and optimization for wind farms
- Experience with wind flow modeling, particularly an understanding of the benefits and drawbacks to various types of atmospheric flow models
- Experience with R&D and implementation into process, tools, and/or operations
- Ability to break-down complex issues, determine possible courses of action, and enable effective decision making
- System or product-level mindset
- Field instrumentation, test and/or validation experience
- Effective communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Self-motivated with desire to both learn and mentor
- Team player, with demonstrated creativity and fulfillment focus
The salary range for this position is$108,600.00 – $181,000.00 USD Annual. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. In addition, this position is eligible for a 15% variable incentive bonus. Available health and welfare benefits include healthcare, prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage; savings account options (such as a Health Care Flexible Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account, and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account); and an employee assistance program. Additional benefits include a defined contribution 401(k) plan, employee life insurance, optional dependent life insurance, employee accidental death or dismemberment insurance coverage, short-term disability, optional long-term disability, pre-tax transportation/commuter program, paid holidays, paid time off, parental leave, a layoff plan for salaried employees, tuition refund program, use of CariLoop, adoption assistance, optional identity theft prevention insurance, optional personal legal assistance, and optional personal excess liability insurance.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No