Job Description SummaryThe Product Leader – Cyber Security is a key member of the Controls and Software Product Line Team and the overall Onshore Wind Product Management Team. This role own strategy and product management of the Operational Technology (OT) Cyber Security for all onshore wind turbines. This role is responsible for the multi-generation technology plan for cyber security technology that protects the complex turbine & wind farm digital ecosystem.
GE’s Onshore Wind business has a total installed base of more than 50,000 wind turbines in more than 35 counties, with 100+ GW of global installed capacity. We harness increased onshore wind energy potential through a broad family of turbines that are uniquely suited for a variety of wind environments, including Cypress, GE’s most powerful onshore wind turbine, and GE’s 2MW platform, which has more than 20GW installed and in operation today. We are committed to our customers’ success in wind, offering a broad portfolio of products and services that make renewables the energy of choice for a cleaner future.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the turbine and park level controls and software engineering teams to ensure customer and regulatory OT cyber security requirements are being met.
- Work across Engineering, Digital Technology, Commercial Teams, and external stakeholders such as regulators to synthesize customers/turbine operator/key market strategic trends.
- Own turbine & park software digital access management strategy covering both role and persona definitions and authentication, authorization, and access control technologies.
- Act as customer-facing subject matter expert, support contract negotiations and ITO activities.
- Build roadmap of the right technologies enhancing GE wind turbines cyber security. Conceptualize and lead early-stage development of programs integrating new capabilities into the GE Onshore Wind turbine products.
- Stay on top of a fast-changing regulatory environment and threat landscape to anticipate future customer needs.
- Advise executive leadership on business and technology risk and mitigation based on up to date cyber threat and market analysis.
- Represent GE Vernova Onshore Wind’s cyber in selected industry groups, government steering bodies and speaking events.
- Cultivate sustainable relationships with integrators, OEMs and strategic partners in the OT cyber community to differentiate GE Vernova’s Wind solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college in engineering, computer science, business, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the in cyber security for IT or OT in an engineering, product management, or commercial function.
- Knowledge of the technical security concepts/solutions implemented in modern Industrial Controls Systems (ICS)
- Master’s Degree in engineering or business
- Working knowledge of cyber asset protection regulations and standards affecting the power utilities industry including NERC-CIP, NIST, IEC62443, IEC62351
- Cyber security certification (ex. GICSP, CEH, CCNA, CISSP) is a strong plus
- Wind Turbine product knowledge is a strong plus
- Prior experience in a product management role
- Ability to translate complex quantitative analysis into concrete business actions
- Demonstrated ability to form strong cross-functional relationships and align stakeholders around a common goal
- Ability to distill complex information and effectively communicate key messages.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, innovative, and creative thinker
The salary range for this position is 129,300.00 - 172,400.00 - 215,500.00 USD Annual. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. In addition, this position is eligible for a performance bonus. Available benefits include Health, Medical, 401K, Paid Leave.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes