Job Description SummaryAs a Project Manager at GE Renewable Onshore Wind, your job scope will focus on leading the execution of Wind Turbine Major Component exchanges. You will develop strategies to resolve project issues and execute change orders. In this role you interface across the GE Wind matrix with engineering, sourcing, finance, parts, and logistics regarding project execution matters.
GE’s Onshore Wind business has a total installed base of more than 50,000 wind turbines in more than 35 counties, with 100+ GW of global installed capacity. We harness increased onshore wind energy potential through a broad family of turbines that are uniquely suited for a variety of wind environments, including Cypress, GE’s most powerful onshore wind turbine, and GE’s 2MW platform, which has more than 20GW installed and in operation today. We are committed to our customers’ success in wind, offering a broad portfolio of products and services that make renewables the energy of choice for a cleaner future.
Why we come to work:
At GE Renewable Energy, our service teams keep our world moving. They’re adaptable, determined, and safety-focused, thriving in high-pressure situations. They’re the kind of people who dig deep for answers, work collaboratively with the right teams to drive solutions, and who sit back and smile when they know they have done a great job. As part of this team, you’ll be rewarded with autonomy and trust, a collaborative, supportive team, and the chance to be empowered and successful, every single day.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead cross-functional teams and be fully responsible for project schedule, budget and profitability
- Be the single point of contact for the customer on all project matters and represent GE Wind Energy in front of customers (externally & internally) as required on all project related issues and question
- Represent the customer to GE Wind (internally) for project specific issues
- Ensure safe, compliant and successful execution of all project obligation
- Coordinate and perform administrative activities as per relevant PM processes, including developing of project budgets, track site activities, manage component deliveries, indirect purchases, manpower levels, project schedules, Invoicing, bank/payment guarantees, requisitions, documentation requirements etc.
- Participate in process & quality improvement and business initiatives and provide feedback on lessons learned to other departments
- Assist with project execution input in support of Proposal Development and assist the Proposal Manager to develop executable & competitive proposals
- Provide daily job status updates to customers and internal stakeholders; as well as; daily job cost estimating to support transactional billing cycling reduction, and Cost and margin reviews.
- Support parts planning and forecasting of major components ensuring supply is aligned with demand and working cross functionally to improve delivery of components.
- Own and deliver on return to service and cost metrics for all major component exchanges being program managed, including debriefing of parts and labor.
- Perform Readiness reviews to ensure parts, tooling, labor, and cranes are on time
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s)).
- Minimum of 3 years of advanced experience in the Services & Resource Management.
- Experience in Project Management, Construction, Manufacturing or other Operations intensive field
- Proven ability to drive projects and initiatives to completion within acceptable time frame.
- Ability to lead and succeed in a matrix environment
- Ability to communicate effectively across a diverse audience, including senior leaders in the organization and external customers senior representatives
- Demonstrable financial acumen and being business savvy
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to travel as needed
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
- Proven onshore wind experience or experience in a related discipline
- The salary range for this position is 77,000-125,000 USD Annual. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. In addition, this position is eligible for a 10% performance bonus. Available benefits include Health, Medical, 401K, and Paid Leave.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No