Lead Diagnostic Engineer
GE Renewable Energy
Schenectady, NY, United States
30+ days ago
Job Description SummaryThe Lead Diagnostics Engineer will work within the Fleet Reliability Operations team within Renewables. This role will contribute to the development, roll-out, and operations of the Bently Nevada Condition Monitoring System and our Asset Performance Management (APM) advanced monitoring and diagnostic system. The successful candidate will work with cross-functional teams to ensure successful operation of the two systems, ensuring that all APM remote monitoring and diagnostics are fulfilled across the customer base.
GE’s Onshore Wind business has a total installed base of more than 50,000 wind turbines in more than 35 counties, with 100+ GW of global installed capacity. We harness increased onshore wind energy potential through a broad family of turbines that are uniquely suited for a variety of wind environments, including Cypress, GE’s most powerful onshore wind turbine, and GE’s 2MW platform, which has more than 20GW installed and in operation today. We are committed to our customers’ success in wind, offering a broad portfolio of products and services that make renewables the energy of choice for a cleaner future.
Why we come to work:
At GE Renewable Energy, our engineers are always up for the challenge -and we’re always driven to find the best solution. Our projects are unique and interesting, and you’ll need to bring a solution-focused, positive approach to each one to do your best. Surrounded by committed, loyal colleagues, if you can dare to bring your ingenuity and desire to make an impact, you’ll be exposed to game-changing, diverse projects that truly allow you to play your part in the green energy transition.
Roles and Responsibilities:
In this role, you will:
- Monitor and analyze data from the CMS system and make corrective action recommendation to site teams and customers
- Work to evaluate new signals and recommend changes and improvements to CMS algorithms
- Assist Fleet Availability and Reliability Engineering teams in determining additional diagnostic detection capabilities to reduce turbine downtime, prevent component failures, and increase turbine performance
- Propose and develop new instrumentation and diagnostic technologies which will differentiate the GE Monitoring and Diagnostic capabilities from other offerings, providing higher customer satisfaction and value
- Support the business in driving field metrics, providing training and technical support of PulsePOINT and APM (Asset Performance Management)
- Identify opportunities and create new detection algorithms based on SCADA and vibration data to reduce turbine downtime, prevent component failures
- Drive on-time delivery of all PulsePOINT remote monitoring contract obligations
- Support Field Service Directors, Customer Relationship Managers, and Reliability Engineers with advanced diagnostic support during customer visits
- Effectively manage timelines to drive completion of programs supporting new diagnostic capabilities issues
- Develop new instrumentation and diagnostic technologies, continually advancing the state-of-the-art in wind turbine monitoring and diagnostics
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical, mechanical, aerospace, marine or industrial engineering from an accredited university or college, or enough equivalent education and experience to accomplish the objectives of this position
- Minimum of 4 years of professional technical experience
- Minimum of 2 years of technical experience in a wind turbine or equivalent power generation engineering function
- Master’s Degree in mechanical or electrical engineering from an accredited College or University
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to manage work independently
- Prior experience with vibration measurement and analysis systems
- Strong technical analysis skills (ability to understand physics based models and perform data analysis)
- Basic understanding of SQL, Python and Matlab languages
- Ability to make data driven decisions and to adopt responsibility
- Strong organizational skills
- High flexibility and motivation
- Ability to work within structured work methods
- Previous experience in digital signal processing or vibration analysis
The Salary range for this position is $81,750. The specific salary range offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. In addition, this position is eligible for bonus. Available benefits include medical, dental, vision.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes