Lead Engineer - Customer Application Engineering
GE Renewable Energy
São Paulo, Brazil
30+ days ago
Job Description SummaryReporting directly to the LATAM Grid Automation Service & AAA Growth Leader, the Service Application Engineer (SAE) is a key member of the Service team. The SAE has advanced technical expertise in power system design & operation and knowledge of our grid automation products and systems, with special focus on services and advanced automation solutions.
Shall be able to assist customers with their more advanced applications, propose different solutions and help customers make decisions. The SAE will engage with customers in co-creation dialogue, promote our services offerings, and act as the technical liaison between the customer and GA team for Services. As a SAE will also supplement our ITO teams in their pre-sale endeavors as well as support on delivering our service offering being engaged on consulting, technical support and on-site activities if needed.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Promote Service & AAA offering. Owning plans and actions with the goal of expanding our activities with selected segments and accounts.
- Define service solutions and technical architectures.
- Provide advance technical support and be a trusted advisor to customers.
- Support Sales & Tendering teams in presales activities and on service & AAA offer preparation.
- Participate in service activities when needed: Factory and Site Acceptance Testing, Technical Consulting, Training, On-site Support and Commissioning, etc.
- EHS Leadership, conduct work in compliance with applicable regulations and encourage accurate employee safety practices.
- Provide installation, testing, commissioning and service direction on-site and remotely, when needed.
- Liaise effectively with customers in job planning, execution, follow-up and sales support, and internally with engineering departments, manufacturing, and Sales team.
- Provide both external and internal timely, accurate, professional reports.
- Electronics, Electrical o Automation Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Experience in Energy/Utility Project environments.
- Proficiency level in Portuguese and English. Spanish is also valued.
- Willingness and ability to travel regionally.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong customer focus and ability to cooperate with the different departments.
- A rigorous team working approach, good communication and interpersonal skills with a high level of self-motivation, flexibility and self-learning aptitude.
- Experience with electrical Protection relays and Control systems (LV, MV & HV).
- Must be a motivator, self-starter and dedicated team player with a sense of urgency and an ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High interpersonal skills.
- Experience working on technical support, testing, maintenance, commissioning on transmission and industrial grade electrical substations and power plants
- Background in Electrical Control Systems, SCADA/DCS systems, Power Management Systems, WAMPACS and Cybersecurity projects.
- GE GA P&C and SAS products deep knowledge.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and achieve milestones and deliverables.
- High energy, positive individual loving operational challenges.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No