Data Migration Lead
GE Renewable Energy
São Paulo, Brazil
30+ days ago
Job Description SummaryThis position is to be fulfilled strictly by SAP professionals who has knowledge in SAP modules, preferably finance with reconciliation process, data migration tools in SAP and also who has worked at least in 2 data migration projects on manufacturing units
As a data migration leader, you are responsible for managing End to End (E2E) data migration execution during deployments of our SAP global template.
Perform data migration audit, quality check for reconciliation and exception reporting. Involved in designing, planning and managing the data migration process with SAP architect team. Work with SME-subject matter experts and project team to identify, define, collate, document and communicate the data migration requirements.
Leading on the data migration needs for the new solution. Overseeing and ensuring delivery of all aspects of data analysis, mapping and transfer. Owning the quality of the migrated data and the validity of the migration processes and operation.
As a project Manager, you are:
- Ensure GMR – Golden Management Rules are being followed in the frameworks defined by SAP SME team.
- Cutover execution monitoring, securing the execution following all rules.
- Organize workshops with project team and legacy team including key users and SAP functional team aiming to gather business requirements for data migration needs.
- Work across multiple functional teams to understand data usage and implications for data migration.
- Ensure ETL tool is having all the artifacts for field and value mapping.
- Prepare data migration plans including migration risk, milestones, quality check and business sign-off details.
- Manage assigned risks and monitor potential impacts as part of the data migration plan synced with project manager
- Develop best practice, processes, and standards for effectively carrying out data migration activities with SAP Product team.
- Have a thorough understanding of data reconciliation and how to reconcile migrated data with source data
- Organize migration and testing of static data and transactional data from one core system to SAP.
- Perform data migration audit, reconciliation, and exception reporting.
- Seek for root cause analysis attacking the error to avoid recurrence differentiating immediate needs and future needs as part of continuous improvement.
- Continuous improvement oriented to simplification.
- Work in a multicultural, multivendor and multi time zones team.
- On Time Delivery, On cost, on quality.
- User satisfaction - NPS
- Governance accuracy – Level of documentation produced and followed.
- Say–do ratio
- PM and SAP product Governance adoption
- Lessons learned à issues become opportunities for improvement.
- A Bachelor's Degree is required, preferably in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering). Other areas are also welcome, experience to be checked.
- A methodical and logical approach to planning and organization. The ability to clearly communicate with team members. Excellent time management skills and a goal-oriented personality. A strong understanding of data protection and data governance
- Fluency in English
- Business understanding (market knowledge in area of work, intl. exposure & awareness)
- Demonstrated ability to execute in a technical environment and willingness to engage and understand technical solutions, challenges and issues
- Business Acumen
- Highly organized and energetic individual sense of prioritization
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Communication and analytical skills
- Technical knowledge, curiosity and creativity
- We are welcoming Ge internal and External applications.
- Knowledge in LSMW, CATT, e-CATT, IDOCs or other SAP upload methods
- ABAP knowledge is a differential
- Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for solution.
- ETL concepts, BackOffice data migration tools, like DSP, DataIQ, DataGarage, etcERP integrations with Finance tools.
- QCD – Quality, Cost and Delivery Oriented
- Lean oriented, learning from lessons, problem solving mindset.
- Resourceful and quick learner, highly motivated, self-starter
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Prior exposure to operations (as a project/maintenance team member) is a benefit.
Personal & leadership attributes:
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Flexibility, including to work with different time zones.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with functional and technical teams and with Business leaders, talking in business language.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with multi-cultural and remote teams. Strong oral and written communication skills
- Influences through others
- Manage distractions to focus on the goal.
- Engaged in migration of min 2 manufacturing entities from legacy system to SAP
- Min 5 years’ experience in SAP Functional module – Preferably FICO, PS
- Prior experience in global company reporting US GAAP
Relocation Assistance Provided: No