Job Description SummaryGE Renewable – Grid Integration product line is globally recognized for designing, manufacturing, and delivering customized High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) solutions for utilities worldwide. With over 130 years of pioneering experience, GE offers two HVDC technologies, Line Commutated Converters (LCC) and Voltage Source Converters (VSC), to support a broad range of applications and deployable in different schemes including overhead line (point to point), back-to-back, submarine/land cable and offshore.
Every HVDC solution is tailored and designed based on a project-by-project assessment of the customers' individual requirements, whether it's for connecting offshore wind generation, long distance power transmission, or energy trading between independent networks.
Within this cross-centers and multicultural organization, the plant CAD specialist is supporting the design of optimized HVDC substation layouts that integrate all the required equipment considering their installation, operation, and maintenance constraints. You can intervene either during Intent To Order and/or Order To Remittance stages. You will report directly to your project plant team leader.
Design, preparation, and review of indoor/outdoor equipment layout includes general arrangement, civil interface/civil guides drawing, and installation (erection) drawings for AIS/GIS substations.
- Review the electrical/maintenance clearances for indoor/outdoor substation areas.
- Design, preparation, and review of cable trenches, cable tray/ladder and conduits routing for overall substation.
- Design optimized substation & buildings layouts integrating all the required equipment considering their installation, operation, and maintenance constraints
- Support answers to client, partners & suppliers technical queries related to plant engineering
- Support projects design and gate reviews
- Support continuous improvement within plant engineering discipline
Qualifications and Skills
Proficient with Autodesk CAD tools Revit, BIM360
- Experience with civil and layouts drawings
- Analytical mind, rigorous and commitment
- Professional English spoken and written, solid German skills desirable
What we offer
- A key role in a dynamic, international working environment with a hybrid working model
- Permanent employment with competitive benefits, and great development opportunities
- Pleasant working atmosphere and corporate culture
- A high degree of flexibility and independent work