GE Renewable Energy
Rochester, NY, United States
16 days ago
Job Description SummaryThis role ensures accurate order processing (booking) from the contract documentation and assists the shipping process to maximize on-time delivery to customers ensuring safe and compliant work standards with optimum inventory and cost. This role will drive continuous improvement to offer lead times that match the market expectation. This role is the liaison between the Regional Sales teams and the factory to achieve the above said business objectives.
Grid Solutions, a GE Renewable Energy business, serves customers globally with over 12,000 employees. We provide power utilities and industries worldwide with equipment, systems, and services to bring power reliably and efficiently from the point of generation to end power consumers. We are focused on addressing the challenges of the energy transition by enabling the safe and reliable connection of renewable and distributed energy resources to the grid. For more about GE’s Grid Solutions, visit https://www.gegridsolutions.com.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to targeted sales on a monthly /quarterly basis (mainly shipment of finished goods).
- Assist order booking process in SAP to achieve targeted order acknowledgement lead times and adherence to our published lead times.
- Manage queries from the Region regarding specific orders.
- Ability to read customer purchase orders and extract the relevant information needed to ensure the orders are executed correctly in the factory.
- Participates in the Master Planning and Scheduling process in alignment with the Planning and Manufacturing team and publish lead times. Ensure operational alignment with reasonable customer delivery requirements and business KPIs.
- To coordinate with Planning and Manufacturing to ensure adherence to the plan and achieve targeted on-time delivery to customer.
- To coordinate with Sales Regions, freight forwarders, and internal stake holders to manage shipments done as per the incoterms in the contract.
- Contribute to minimize the finished goods inventory.
- Contribute to export process requirements, documentation and other legal and regulatory requirements associated with contracts and shipping function.
- Drive process improvements to eliminate “waste” in the contracts and shipping process if possible, using Lean tools.
- Associate degree in related field and a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, (OR High School Diploma (or GED) with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience supporting Contracts and Export Logistics teams
- Ability to communicate clearly with peers in other countries regarding orders in the booking process.
- Ability to decipher and extract relevant details from the Sales Region and the customer purchase order (contract).
- Comprehension of manufacturing fundamentals and the ability to learn our process specific requirements.
- Computer skills: Outlook, Word, Excel, Microsoft Teams
- Experience with the SD module in SAP or any other equivalent ERP system
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience applying daily management tools, process mapping, waste hunting, and problem-solving tools to improve efficiency
- Experience participating in S&OP process (orders forecasting)
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No