Job Description SummaryThe Engineering Services Team operates on a global scale, actively supporting the field services team in maintaining top-tier performance for GE’s Solar and Storage Solutions assets. This involves maximizing the value derived from post-COD matters like warranties, long-term service agreements (LTSA), and Change-Modification-Upgrades (CMUs) to ensure customer satisfaction.
The Lead Services Inverter Engineer will be the point person for overseeing and ensuring the optimal performance of inverters across our Solar and Storage Solutions assets. Their primary responsibility will be to drive excellence in the functionality, reliability, and efficiency of inverters, integrating them effectively with other systems, and ensuring they align with both industry standards and GE's operational objectives.
SOLAR & STORAGE SOLUTIONS | GE Renewable Energy
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure optimal performance and reliability of inverters in the field.
- Troubleshoot and resolve escalated inverter-related issues.
- Lead projects focused on inverter system upgrades and enhancements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate inverters with other systems effectively.
- Provide expert guidance on inverter technology selection and implementation.
- Stay updated with the latest inverter technologies and industry trends.
- Mentor and train team members on best practices related to inverter systems.
- Develop and maintain detailed documentation and guides for inverter operations.
- Lead the validation and installation of inverter system updates and enhancements.
- Support on-site start-up and integration of inverter systems.
- Bachelors in electrical engineering or a related field.
- Strong relevant experience with inverter systems.
- Experience with developing or maintaining inverter control systems and associated software.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English (written and spoken).
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering or a related field.
- Proven track record in leading inverter-related projects and initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of modern inverter technologies and associated systems.
- Design and development knowledge in renewables applications.
- Demonstrated experience in inverter system integration and optimization.
- Strong interpersonal skills for effective stakeholder communication.
- Previous experience with GE P80i and PERTU systems.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Experience in conducting training or workshops for technical teams.
- Familiarity with renewable energy regulations and standards.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proactive and dynamic approach.
- Solution and customer-oriented mindset.
- Execution-driven with a focus on achieving results.
Renewable Energy Solar & Storage Solutions are the answers to reliable, affordable, and dispatchable integration of renewable energies, driving the transition to a clean energy future.
By integrating renewable energy generation sources with one another (i.e.: wind and solar) and/or energy storage, dispatchable, competitive green MWhs can be enabled through intelligent plant and system design, software & controls, and O&M synergies.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No