Job Description SummaryThe Solution Owner is accountable for the competitiveness of the reference solution, the KPIs inked with the role are cost, time to execute this reference solution against market benchmark. The Solution Owner leads action plans, involving engineering teams, sourcing and procurement teams and operation teams to bring commercially and operationally quantifiable benefits to the specific solution. A reference solution’ is a baselined design which encompasses the best practices from previous projects. The solution encompasses all elements of a converter station; strategic, technical and commercial. The ‘solution’ is not a prescriptive ‘one size only’ design but, rather, emphasises on selling and then building an overall solution that provides the lowest risk by focusing on known business abilities whilst both minimising and managing that which is new. The solution encompasses the entire life cycle of a converter station from pre-tender to refurbishment/decommissioning. The Solution Owner will be expected to actively engage with external activities (Cigre, IEC, conferences, etc.) in order to promote GE and its capabilities aligned with the business unit.
At GE Grid Solutions we electrify the world with advanced grid technologies. As leaders in the energy space, our goal is to accelerate the transition to a cleaner, more energy efficient grid by integrating renewables and deploying cleaner technologies to fulfill the needs of tomorrow.
In Grid Solutions we help enable the transition for a greener more reliable Grid. GE Grid Solutions has the most advanced and comprehensive product and solutions portfolio within the energy sector.
Why we come to work
At GE Renewable Energy, our engineers are always up for the challenge - and we’re always driven to find the best solution. Our projects are unique and interesting, and you’ll need to bring a solution-focused, positive approach to each one to do your best. Surrounded by committed, loyal colleagues, if you can dare to bring your ingenuity and desire to make an impact, you’ll be exposed to game-changing, diverse projects that truly allow you to play your part in the green energy transition.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Technical solution definition based on customer needs analysis
- Monitor market expectations and competition actions/innovations
- Understand GE IP portfolio related to the solution and freedom to operate
- Recommend major R&D investments as necessary to follow market divergence
- Technical gap management (make or buy)
- R&D requirements definition to maintain and/or develop the solution+ CI
- Accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. Integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, be involved in long-term planning, manage complex issues within functional area of expertise, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
- Developing specialized knowledge of latest commercial developments in own area and communication skills to influence others. Contributes towards strategy and policy development, and ensure delivery within area of responsibility.
- Has in-depth knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; has working knowledge of competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Takes new perspective on existing solutions.
- Uses technical experience and expertise for data analysis to support recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited University
- Minimum 10 years of related experience with HVDC
- Minimum of 8 years of leadership experience
- Masters in Power Systems
- Experience execution worldwide projects and initiatives
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs/projects.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills in global teams.
- Mentoring mindset to develop and grow technical talent.
The salary range for this position is 129,300.00 - 172,400.00 USD Annual. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. In addition, this position is eligible for a performance bonus. 129,300.00 - 172,400.00 - 215,500.00 USD Annual
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No