Job Description SummaryContinuous improvement associated with material warehousing at the factory and external locations as well as delivery processes to support product assembly at the factory. Impacts departmental operations and responsible for planning/execution. The role has some autonomy but is focused on execution of activities within an operating discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Some judgment may be required but this is typically with guidance.
GE’s Onshore Wind business has a total installed base of more than 50,000 wind turbines in more than 35 counties, with 100+ GW of global installed capacity. We harness increased onshore wind energy potential through a broad family of turbines that are uniquely suited for a variety of wind environments, including Cypress, GE’s most powerful onshore wind turbine, and GE’s 2MW platform, which has more than 20GW installed and in operation today. We are committed to our customers’ success in wind, offering a broad portfolio of products and services that make renewables the energy of choice for a cleaner future.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Define and control materials storage and logistics processes including tooling and equipment. Validate design specifications and shop floor application of new tools, or equipment for material logistics processes.
- Develop and maintain material logistics methods to support the Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost priorities.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of material storage and warehouse logistics processes. Uses prior experience and acquired technical expertise to execute policy/strategy.
- In-depth understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. In-depth understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- Develop and maintain work instructions, implement standard work, and support training initiatives within the internal/ external warehouses and factory logistics team
- Maintain and improve process documentation to ensure consistent and repeatable quality
- Lead high-impact process and quality improvement projects that improve First Pass Yield (FPY) and reduce Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ)
- Work cross-functionally with design/ manufacturing/packaging engineering and logistics process owners to drive design/ specifications/ process changes to support material storage optimization and delivery to assembly
- Conduct cost/benefit analysis for changes to material storage and delivery processes and systems, tooling, and/or equipment - actively drive positive change to better serve assembly processes, and optimize product storage
- Drive improvement by partnering with outside vendors to improve system/equipment/material cost
- Define capital expense (CAPEX) and operational expense (OPEX) needs for the warehousing and factory logistics and manage budget
- Uses some level of judgment and has ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters but with guidance. Uses prior experience and on-the-job training to solve straightforward tasks. Has access to technical skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems. May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- Is an individual contributor with proven interpersonal skills. Provides informal guidance to new team members.
- Participates and leads regularly in Lean Kaizen events to support the Lean Roadmap.
- Bachelor's degree (technical or engineering) from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Warehouse/Materials field
- Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated experience in leading Warehouse and Material Flow Continuous improvement to introduce new processes and new technology
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- High attention to detail and organization
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Established project management skills
- Experience with AutoCAD or similar CAD software
- Experience with product family ownership
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Lean Manufacturing principles and tools
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering specifications and drawings
- Demonstrated leader and respectful team player
- Hands-on experience with implementing projects and sustaining process improvements
- Ability to manage multiple projects/priorities and deliver timely actions
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence and motivate others
- Willingness and ability to learn from others and listen with intent
- Oracle WM module knowledge/experience
- Must be willing to travel to offsite warehouse and main site daily
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office with proficiency in Word and Excel. Ability to learn other application software essential to performing job tasks
- Additional graduate management/business diploma is a plus
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively in a diverse multi-cultural team environment
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes