GE Renewable Energy
17 days ago
Job Description SummaryIn GE we work with some of the best solutions on the market. We are passionate about delivering solutions to our customers and the world. At GE we believe in the value of your unique identity, background, and experiences. We are committed to fostering and inclusive culture, where everyone feels empowered to do their best work because they feel accepted, respected, and that they belong.
“You will have the opportunity to learn from incredible people as well as share what you know.”
From Oslo we service our Hydro customers in the Nordic countries. To our team in Norway Oslo, we are looking for a Senior Project Manager who will be working on our customer’s hydro power plants refurbishment projects.
Hydro Service function is at the crossroad of technical expertise, site works including EHS, project management, with commercial awareness.
The Hydro Project Manager will lead refurbishment activities for hydropower plants including new equipment installation and/or retrofits. He/she is the primary liaison / point of contact between GE Hydro Service Leadership, GE Hydro Engineering, Supply chain, the Site team, Sale team and Customers. Scope includes ensuring the completeness of the deliverable solutions of GE Hydro.
As a Senior Project Manager you will also lead processes follow-up and development as well as report the project management funciton to Leadership.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Optimise the cost, quality and lead time of the Services projects allocated to him.
- Manage one or more Services projects according to targets set forth in the project charter. Manage quality, HSE, cost and lead time, in liaison with Operations and/or Technical Services specialists of other locations, such as: engineering, sourcing, manufacturing, site preparation and HSE.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline. Uses prior experience and acquired technical expertise to execute policy/strategy.
- Support the commercial operations
- Responsible for technical and commercial matters in front of the Client and Contractors
- Follow-up, consolidate and report project KPIs & results of all Sub Region projects
- If requested, support the other Project Managers within own area of expertise.
- BSc within a Technical discipline, preferably electrical. Long experience can balance educational requirement.
- Experience from Rotating equipment and or electrical rotating machines.
- Hydropower experience is an advantage.
- Able to deliver according to commitments in term of quality, cost and lead time.
- Propose improvement, improve the processes of Services activities to optimize quality, cost and lead time of Services deliverables
- Improve the Technical Services personnel knowledge of own area of expertise and enlarge own area of expertise by learning from others
- Exchange feedback with other Technical Services personnel
- Strong communicator, as well as negotiating skills.
- Norwegian/Swedish and English fluency mandatory
- Project coordination skills, able to motivate the Service team and the function, pro-active milestone management
- Ability to work on a multi-cultural environment
- Capacity to identify and analyse risks and opportunities
- Knows how to apply the available tools (ERP-system, MS Office, MS Project)
- Understands the importance of service attitude (being available to the customer, responsive to customer’s needs, flexible and willingness to build close customer relations)
- Decision maker
- Ability to change for a multinational approach
- Excellent ability to manage interfaces and be a leading team
- Can easily motivate, lead and coach the people to be part of the European Services Organisation (acts as an integration figure)