Job Description SummaryThe Wind Hub Technician position requires local travel within the hub. The Wind Hub Technician is a critical and active role to maintain optimal function and output at the wind site by working daily on turbine operations, safety, quality control and warranty repair(s). The Wind Hub Technician partners and communicates with the Site Lead and Manager to execute on contract requirements and timelines and ensures alignment with GE excellence!
As the Wind Hub Technician, you will:
- Work with site & hub leadership to execute contractual obligations per customer requirements and activities set forth with on a daily basis, which include any portion of the electrical and mechanical equipment used in the GE wind turbine generator;
- Perform maintenance, repair or replacement of parts to correct malfunctions;
- Troubleshoot complex mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical problems on variable pitch & variable speed turbines;
- Help in all areas of site operations as directed by manager with minimal supervision; observing all safety requirements;
- Perform some diagnostic electrical analysis;
- Document all work performed using computer based service reporting procedures and
- Work with and respond to GE’s remote operations center when necessary.
- High School Diploma or GED, and
- Minimum of 1 year(s) experience as a Wind Technician, OR minimum of 4 years of work experience inclusive of hydraulic, electrical, and experience using basic power hydraulic tools,
- Passing a Technical Knowledge Assessment
- Basic computer skills
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Handle repetitive weight - 50 lbs. and climb towers up to 300 feet daily
- Meet and maintain specified manufacturer weight limits not to exceed 300lbs including required gear
- Ability and willingness to work in range of environments to include but not limited to industrial facilities, manufacturing facilities, and power industry facilities
- Effectively prioritize work according to contract obligations
- Ability and willingness to take initiative, and work without direct supervision, and
- Flexibility to work rotating shift schedules, and on-call per site needs.
- Occasional overnights may be required per hub needs.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical, Electrical, or Electronics field from an accredited college or university
- Technical Certification in Wind Energy or Electrical / Electronic field
- Ability to work with a wide variety of personnel at all levels inside and outside of the Wind Farm
- Wind turbine experience
- Ability and willingness to take initiative, and work without direct supervision
- Electrical, mechanical, and/or hydraulic experience
- Experience using hydraulic power tools
- Experience with heavy equipment required for facility maintenance with a working knowledge of crane and rigging requirements
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No