Job Description SummaryThe Lead Project Manager will provide execution leadership for a portfolio of small to standard size substation projects impacting both business and customer profitability. This position is responsible for scope, cost, schedule, and risk management as well as quality and customer satisfaction for all assigned programs and projects.
Manage a portfolio of small to standard projects for our GE Grid Solutions business which includes substations, fixed series capacitor and possibly deputy PM on large HVDC/AC substation projects. Act as a single point of contact for customer contacts and internal / external project team. Assume overall responsibility for project leadership and strategy including planning, directing and controlling resources / processes in complex work-scope projects to ensure compliance to customer specifications, quality standards and safety and technical / engineering standards. Estimate budgets and track / influence costs of projects; ensure on time completion within budget. Engage as required in pre-contract processes during project scope, schedule and cost development. Interface with other engineering fields and support functions to coordinate project development, implementation and control. Interface with third party/internal suppliers, subcontractors and customers to align project specifications and requirements. Ensure safety procedures on site and strict adherence to quality standards. Develop multiple contracts / subcontractor work scopes and coordinate administration for written contracts. Coordinate resolution of issues through the use of change management and ensure timely collection of monies. Determine and communicate work package percent complete and percent committed required for project financial "estimate at completion" forecasting. Facilitate the quantification and documentation of project performance with both the project team and customer immediately after project completion.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited university or college
- Minimum 5 years of experience in project management of electrical substations
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Ability and willingness to travel 25% of the time, may include international travel, and must comply with all relevant company travel and tax policies.
- Prior experience in managing high voltage electrical utility projects.
- Working knowledge of GE GSI PM processes and tools
- Previous responsibility for projects or programs involving multiple businesses and/or functions across the entire project cycle - development and design through manufacturing, delivery, installation, and commissioning and test acceptance.
- Ability to manage external, customer-facing projects to successful completion.
- Ability to apply advanced technical, engineering, and quality assurance concepts to solve practical business problems.
- Experience working with global teams and partners.
- Commitment to maintaining the highest standards of service quality in all aspects of project delivery.
- Ability to successfully interface with executive level management within both the sponsor and customer organizations.
- Ability to apply and coach managerial and leadership concepts and techniques (plan, execute, direct, coach, mentor, evaluate and control)
- Strong decision-making skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple long and short-term projects simultaneously.
- PMI certification; familiarity with modern project management techniques & software systems, including global resource planning systems and Primavera project management software.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving abilities.
- Familiarity with contractual terms and experience managing customer-facing contracts.
- Familiarity with preparation of proposals for complex substations, including international work and quality training.