Job Description Summary
GE Renewable Energy is one of the world's leading offshore wind energy companies, with a portfolio of offshore wind turbines ranging from 6 MW to 14 MW that offer increased value to customers with proven performance, reliability, efficiency and availability. We have invested more than $400 million to develop the Haliade-X, an investment that will also drive down offshore wind farms’ levelized cost of energy, helping make offshore wind energy more competitive for our customers. The Haliade-X was the industry’s first 14MW offshore wind turbine to operate, and is the only 12+MW offshore wind turbine platform that has been operating for over two years, specifically at its Rotterdam prototype site.
As the Offshore Wind Technician, you will:
- Work with site leadership to execute contractual obligations per customer requirements and activities set forth with on a daily basis, which include any portion of the electrical and mechanical equipment used in the GE wind turbine generators;
- Perform maintenance, repair or replacement of parts to correct malfunctions;
- Troubleshoot complex mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical problems on variable pitch & variable speed turbines;
- Help in all areas of site operations as directed by manager with minimal supervision,
- Perform some diagnostic electrical analysis;
- Document all work performed using computer based service reporting procedures and
- Work with and respond to GE’s remote operations center when necessary.
- High School Diploma or GED, and
- Minimum of 3-years experience as a Wind Technician
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience troubleshooting inclusive of hydraulic, electrical, and experience using basic power hydraulic tools, AND Passing a Technical Knowledge Assessment, basic computer skills.
- Past leadership of field teams
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical, Electrical, or Electronics field from an accredited college or university
- Technical Certification in Wind Energy or Electrical / Electronic field
- Ability to work with a wide variety of personnel at all levels inside and outside of the Wind Farm
- Wind turbine experience
- Ability and willingness to take initiative, and work without direct supervision
- Electrical, mechanical, and/or hydraulic experience
- Experience using hydraulic power tools
- Experience with heavy equipment required for facility maintenance with a working knowledge of crane and rigging requirements
The hourly pay range for this position is 28.36 - 33.31 - 38.26 USD Hourly. The specific hourly rate offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. Available Health and Welfare benefits include, Prescription drug, dental and vision coverage; saving account options (such as a Health Care Flexible Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account, and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account); and an employee assistance program. Additional Benefits include a defined contribution 401(k) plan, employee life insurance, optional dependent life insurance, employee accidental death or dismemberment insurance coverage, short-disability, optional long-term disability, pre-tax transportation/commuter program, paid holidays, paid time off, parental leave, a layoff plan for salaried employees, tuition refund program, use of CareLoop, adoption assistance, optional identity theft prevention insurance, optional person legal assistance, and optional personal excess liability insurance.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No