Lead Engineer - Electrical Component
GE Renewable Energy
27 days ago
Job Description SummaryThe candidate shall execute with association of work-groups, where applicable, in order to meet assigned objectives. In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or
The current role is expected to deliver ITO/OTR for AC Grid projects and / or Solar / Renewable / BESS integrated projects. Strong fundamental competency on projects on EHV/HV Designs of grid substation is pre-requisite.
- Execute & analysis, design, test, or integration required to define and support systems that meet business standards and program / product requirements
- Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers
- Document and communicate results of technical data generated
- Participate on teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives
- Share engineering information and promote open dialogue
- Prepare invention disclosures to protect the technology that provides a competitive advantage
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or
Specific Role Requirements:
- HV (Primary) designs Engineering for Grid Interconnected Renewable Energy Projects
- Preparation of basic Single Line Diagram, Layout, Plan & section of Overall plant, Substation and
Equipment control room etc
- Earthing, /Lightning/Cable Sizing/Conductor Sizing and schedule as per IS/IEEE/IEC
- Project related all Equipment Selection/ Sizing as per IS/IEEE/IEC
- Load Flow Studies, System Loss Calculations, Short Circuit Analysis and voltage drop calculations.
- Calculation of Load, designing Array capacity, Battery sizing etc.
- Preparation of all Distribution/Auxiliary system.
- Evaluation of vendor Drawings, GTP, Calculation & Technical Specs
- LV/MV Engineering for the collector substation, unit substation & pooling station
- ITO (tender) drawings, BOQ estimation, RFQ finalization & evaluation of various components, selection of equipment with best pricing options.
- Co-ordination and integration with Automation, Civil & MEP.
- Co-ordination of site & office team for execution of project
- Flexible and quick to learn global developments in renewable technologies and adopt.
Specialized Competency (Add-on)
- Renewable project engg i.e. Solar, on-shore / off-shore Wind, Battery Storage or hybrid
- Competency on specialized tools like PV-Syst, CANECO, ETAP, CDGES or equivalent, Corona & Field study applications like EFS400 etc.
- HVDC/FACTS integrated project applications.
- Working experience with 3D Design Tools.
Qualifications / Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, from an accredited college or university with a minimum 8-12 years of experience on project engineering.
Essential Pre-Requisites and Deliverables :
- To be able to work on standard IT Tools for the everyday deliverables to the level of competency expected out of the role.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes