Lead Engineer - Control & Protection
GE Renewable Energy
7 days ago
Job Description SummarySystems engineering is a cross-functional engineering discipline centered on an approach, mindset, and process. All activities that consider both the business and the technical needs of the customers with the goal of providing a quality product that meets the users needs. The discipline that executes a robust process of design, creation, and optimization of systems, consisting of identification and quantification of system requirements, creation of alternate system design concepts, performance of design trade studies, selection and implementation of the best designs and verification that the design is properly integrated and executed. Process that proceeds from concept to production to operation.
Responsible for departmental operations planning/execution or is focused on execution of professional activities within a technical discipline. Functions with some autonomy but guided by established policies or review of end results.
The job allows modification of procedures and practices covering work as long as the end results meet standards of acceptability (quality, volume, timeliness etc.).
- Execute, with guidance from senior engineering resources, the analysis, design, test, or integration required to define, and support assigned components, assemblies or systems that meet business standards and program / product requirements
- Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers
- Document and communicate results of technical data generated
- Participate on teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives
- Share engineering information and promote open dialogue
- Prepare invention disclosures to protect the technology that provides a competitive advantage to the business
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
The Lead Engineer demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university with 10-12 years of experience in an engineering.
Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to work independently and lead a team member for engineering activities. Strong problem-solving skills.
Job Specific Requirements:
1. Knowledge on Electrical Power systems and load flow and short circuit studies.
2. Experience of Control and Protection engineering up to 765kV/400kV/220KV/HVDC Substations (AIS/GIS/SOLAR/WIND). Ability to design and prepare scheme drawings as per project requirement in anyone of E-CAD Tool for min 3-6 years of experience (Ex. EB software/E-Plan/ AutoCAD Electrical/equivalent)
3. Experience of Substation automation system based on IEC61850-8-1(Station Bus) & IEC 61850-9-2(Process Bus) – Database Preparation in the automation/RTU software.
4. Experience in IO Mapping with respect to the scheme drawings/troubleshoot of database issues in SAS system / RTU based system.
5. Knowledge on PLCC/FOTE engineering and able interface between CRP & SAS with Telecom Equipment.
6. Knowledge on Major AIS & GIS components like Circuit breakers, Isolators, CSD, PDM & Interlocks scheme.
7. Knowledge on Transformers/Reactors & associated Conditional Monitoring Devices etc.
8. Knowledge on Process Bus oriented digital CT/VTs & associated Circuit Breakers & Isolators
9. Knowledge on CT and VT and its sizing calculations.
10. Knowledge of different make of Numerical protection relays and BCUs.
11. Knowledge on protection relay application / setting calculations and coordination.
12. Knowledge on control cable engineering in substations.
13. Knowledge of LV/LT auxiliary systems.
14. Knowledge on Relay Testing, Equipment Testing, Control / Protection scheme testing & SAS Commissioning experience (at least 1/2 year) shall be given additional weightage.
15. Experience on Engineering Base Software for Panel Engineering/Cable Schedule Engineering or Equivalent E-CAD tool(E-PLAN)
16. Knowledge of different Grid Codes / practices in different countries like Europe / America / Australia shall be given additional weightage.
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes