Job Description SummarySystems engineering is a cross-functional engineering discipline centered on an approach, mindset, and process. All activities that consider both the business and the technical needs of the customers with the goal of providing a quality product that meets the users needs. The discipline that executes a robust process of design, creation, and optimization of systems, consisting of identification and quantification of system requirements, creation of alternate system design concepts, performance of design trade studies, selection and implementation of the best designs and verification that the design is properly integrated and executed. Process that proceeds from concept to production to operation.
Impacts departmental operations and responsible for planning/execution. The role has some autonomy but is focused on execution of activities within an operating discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Some judgment may be required but this is typically with guidance.
About GE Grid Solutions: At GE Grid Solutions we are electrifying the world with advanced grid technologies. As leaders in the energy space our goal is to accelerate the transition for a more energy efficient grid to full fill the needs of tomorrow. With a focus on growth and sustainability GE Grid Solutions plays a pivotable role in integrating Renewables onto the grid to drive to carbon neutral. In Grid Solutions we help enable the transition for a greener more reliable Grid. GE Grid Solutions has the most advanced and comprehensive product and solutions portfolio within the energy sector.
Why we come to work: At GE Renewable Energy, our engineers are always up for the challenge - and we’re always driven to find the best solution. Our projects are unique and interesting, and you’ll need to bring a solution-focused, positive approach to each one to do your best. Surrounded by committed, loyal colleagues, if you can dare to bring your ingenuity and desire to make an impact, you’ll be exposed to game-changing, diverse projects that truly allow you to play your part in the energy transition.
What we offer:
- Working in an international team which is part of global Engineering HVDC Centre of Excellence within Grid Integration based in Noida.
- A key role in a dynamic, international working environment with a large degree of flexibility of work agreements
- Competitive benefits, and great development opportunities
Lead Control System Verification & Validation Engineer, will be responsible for the delivery of the of HVDC Controls & Protection Verification and Validation team’s activities on time / as per Project Scheduled through proper coordination between Project and department. The role involves technical leadership on the various work packages within the department ensuring that they meet the requirements, and the relevant processes are followed.
- Prepare and maintain Validation & Verification team’s activity plans as per the Project scheduled.
- Design, create Factory System Test (FST) cases and review results against design requirements including leading Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) with clients.
- Developing HVDC System and plant modelling in electromagnetic transient tools like PSCAD, RSCAD, EMTP-RV etc including undertaking Dynamic Performance Studies and Protection co-ordination.
- Preparing control system requirements for the RTDS Lab setup including AC DC interface requirement, Plant Emulator Interface requirement and RSCAD Power system network conversion, modelling, and verification.
- Support New Product Introduction (NPI) to develop existing and new products and tools.
- Provide support to Commissioning Engineers during Dynamic commissioning at Site.
- Support continual improvement, raising the effectiveness and efficiency of the team through the introduction of tools, methods and process improvements and coordinating with the Continuous Improvement leaders.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Engineering degree or equivalent including power systems and power electronics subjects or proven equivalent knowledge and experience in HVDC business.
- Significant experience in the position of Verification Engineer in High Voltage field, with experience as a Control & Protection design Engineer. Good knowledge of overall 400kV substation, HVDC system (LCC/VSC/SVC) including control and protection system is essential.
- Experience of developing and working with PSCAD and RSCAD models is essential including knowledge of Overall HVDC System Operational Behaviour.
- Experience in technical leadership with ability to manage team of validation engineers
- Strong communication skills with a fluency in English language.
- Willingness to travel to support projects globally and readiness for flexible with working hours
- Knowledge of applicable electrical standards such as IEC 61850, IEC 62351, IEC 12207, IEEE 15288, IEC 25010, IEC 27032, NERC/CIP.
- Process improvement or RCA experience or certification
- Experience on MATCAD, PSS/E and MATLAB SIMULINK, EMTP-RV, Digsilent etc will added advantage.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes