Job Description SummarySystems engineering is a cross-functional engineering discipline centered on an approach, mindset, and process. All activities that consider both the business and the technical needs of the customers with the goal of providing a quality product that meets the users needs. The discipline that executes a robust process of design, creation, and optimization of systems, consisting of identification and quantification of system requirements, creation of alternate system design concepts, performance of design trade studies, selection and implementation of the best designs and verification that the design is properly integrated and executed. Process that proceeds from concept to production to operation.
Accountable for the quality of own work. Subject to direct operations supervision/prescribed work instructions/systems checking. Executes within a well-defined operations framework. There is generally a step by step sequence of standard operational tasks which need to be followed to achieve an end result.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute, with guidance from lead engineers the CAD design package required to deliver on time and within defined budgets the HVDC Control System hardware.
- Follow the departments standard design practices, engineering reviews and guidelines.
- Define Control Panel requirements and produce detailed design documentation for the control system using standard design blocks under the guidance of lead engineers including;
- Panel Electrical Schematics (using Engineering Base and Auto CAD tools)
- Wire/Cable Schedules
- General Assembly drawings (using CREO tool)
- Bill of Materials
- Prepare and present technical information related to the CAD design to internal and external customers.
- Share engineering information and promote open dialogue.
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Maintaining the Controls Hardware Standard Design
- Degree or equivalent experience in Electronics/Electrical/ Mechanical engineering or related field.
- Experience in working with CAD engineering tools such as AutoCAD, E-base, CREO.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in working in a team/ project environment
- Experience in Control Panel design (preferably as used in HVDC/substation/power plant environments)
- Experience in International Protection Marking - IEC standard 60529
- Experience in Certification (CE) Marking
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes