Job Description SummaryThe Senior Project Engineer oversees HVDC product solution and its configuration to the projects. The Senior Project Engineer is the contact for technical matters and answerable for elaboration of solutions with project members under technical aspects.
Senior Project engineer is accountable of the proper performance of design in matter of engineering cost time, and quality. The Senior Project Engineer will define and manage the HVDC product quality plan along with HVDC PEM, ensure implementation of EMH guidelines, supervise overall technical coordination between different work packages of HVDC project.
Grid Solutions, a GE Renewable Energy business, serves customers globally with over 12,000 employees. We provide power utilities and industries worldwide with equipment, systems, and services to bring power reliably and efficiently from the point of generation to end power consumers. We are focused on addressing the challenges of the energy transition by enabling the safe and reliable connection of renewable and distributed energy resources to the grid. For more about GE’s Grid Solutions, visit https://www.gegridsolutions.com
Why We Come to Work
At GE Renewable Energy, our engineers are always up for the challenge - and we’re always driven to find the best solution. Our projects are unique and interesting, and you’ll need to bring a solution-focused, positive approach to each one to do your best. Surrounded by committed, loyal colleagues, if you can dare to bring your ingenuity and desire to make an impact, you’ll be exposed to game-changing, diverse projects that truly allow you to play your part in the green energy transition.
- Challenge the schedule for engineering activities in close collaboration with HVDC PEM and the planner
- Accountable for all required technical interfaces to lead HVDC solution Integration and coordinate with discipline project engineers to check information exchange interface sheets are in place and followed.
- Responsible HVDC engineering solution compliance with customer technical specifications
- Accountable to maintain reference solution defined during ITO and any changes to be part of change control process
- Responsible for technical solutions, customer management and problem solving for HVDC engineering scope.
- Responsible for review of engineering reports to meet customer technical specification under Product Delivery Group (PDG) scope.
- Accountable for technical quality and support PEM with actions to improve project KPIs.
- Accountable for closing NCP’s, 8D’s, ACTs and RCA’s for PDG scope and handover to Function to prevent reoccurrence of issues.
- Responsible delivery of technical solutions on-time and ensure any deviations from reference solution controlled through change control process
- Accountable for design safety, HAZID and HAZOP.
- Responsible to estimate plan and execute own scope of work, on time, in full, within budget and continuously update the stakeholders on the progress.
- Elaborate the engineering execution strategy with the PEM and Participate to project strategy elaboration with Project Technical Director.
- Define and validate the design quality plan for the whole PDG engineering scope.
- Ensure implementation of EMH guidelines.
- Consolidate and follow for the whole project technical risks & opportunities and the corresponding mitigation/ action plan.
- Implement a design freeze process for the project and validate the design freeze following relevant design reviews and technical risks assessment for the project.
- Responsible in front of the customer of the engineering execution of the project. Preferred contact of the customer management for all topics related to the engineering under PDG scope.
- Accountable for the respect of customer technical requirements under HVDC product scope, organizes the clause-by-clause analysis to compliance with HVDC product solution.
- Validate and check consistency of the engineering documents before final release to customer
- Check effectiveness of design against delivery of contract requirements within project budget and look for global cost optimization during basic design
- Implement design freeze and EHS in design and actively participates in defining corrective actions when work is unsafe or when an uncontrolled risk is observed
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from a accredited University
- Minimum 10+ years of Engineering activities in EPC type environment in T&D, Power Generation or Oil & Gas industry
- Minimum 10+ years experience in project technical management on large scale project with complex organizations
- Travel 30% Internationally and Domestically, comply with all relevant company travel and tax policies.
- Mastering of some engineering processes such as: Civil work, Plant configuration, control & protection hardware, System & performance studies, or Electrical design
- Strong influencing and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated presentation skills and ability to succinctly communicate complex messages
- Demonstrates ownership & accountability, judgment and decision making, influences & inspires team, creates a vision and strategy, and has passion for the role
- Global experience and mindset including high technical cultural competence and sensitivity
- Professional Engineering License
The salary range for this position is 130,300.00 - 173,800.00 USD Annual. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. In addition, this position is eligible for a performance bonus. 130,300.00 - 173,800.00 - 217,200.00 USD Annual
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No