Commercial Finance Manager - Offshore Wind
GE Renewable Energy
New York City, NY, United States
26 days ago
Job Description Summary
GE Renewable Energy is one of the world's leading offshore wind energy companies, with a portfolio of offshore wind turbines ranging from 6 MW to 14 MW that offer increased value to customers with proven performance, reliability, efficiency and availability. We have invested more than $400 million to develop the Haliade-X, an investment that will also drive down offshore wind farms’ levelized cost of energy, helping make offshore wind energy more competitive for our customers. The Haliade-X was the industry’s first 14MW offshore wind turbine to operate, and is the only 12+MW offshore wind turbine platform that has been operating for over two years, specifically at its Rotterdam prototype site.
- Act as key point of contact for all commercial finance topics in North America, Europe, and Asia. Partner with regional commercial team
- Lead cross-functional initiatives such as Kaizen Events, Hoshin Kanri aiming at improving commercial processes (policies, automation, standardization, digitization); aligning standards to market best practices and eliminating bid defects
- Approve deal economics, support leadership approval reviews (GE Renewable Energy Project Review Board, GE Corporate Risk, GE’s CEO/CFO)
- Participate in deal reviews, prepare analysis and recommendations Senior Management approval
- Review contracts to identify and mitigate Commercial finance risks, work with the Sales / Commercial Operations / Pricing / Tax teams to structure deals that maximize project margin and minimize exposure
- Structure transaction Terms & Conditions and negotiate with customers to optimize revenue recognition, cash and reduce risk exposure
- Assess customer creditworthiness and financing structures prior to bid submission
- Work with GE Capital EFS Global Markets and potential external players to offer customers alternatives to traditional financing options
- Negotiate and manage Bank Guarantees, Foreign Exchange transactions, and other financial guarantees to be issued for the contracts
- Fully understand project scope of supply and ensure completeness and accuracy of the cost roll-up
- Drive price on new orders; Use competitive analysis to provide insights on deal sensitivities
- Own assumptions for 10 year Business Plan and ensure overall completeness and accuracy
- Drive accuracy forecasts for sales, margin, and cash from new orders
- Assist in special projects as defined by Finance and Sales
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, accounting, or related field from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 7 years of significant finance experience (Commercial Finance or Project Finance)
- Prior industrial experience in Renewable Energy Wind businesses
- Outstanding business acumen, understanding of Offshore Wind market trends and projects
- Clear thinking / problem solving: able to partner in cross-functional projects/process improvement within operations/finance function; able to grasp new ideas quickly
- Strategic Thinking / Assertiveness: strong influencing skills across business functions; confidence to approach business leaders with difficult messages and defend positions to achieve business objectives while driving Financial targets;
- Able to anticipate, identify, and resolve complex financial issues
- Demonstrated business acumen & project management skills
- Strong leadership, technical and change agent skills.
- Excellent facilitation skills
The salary range for this position is $119,600 - $199,300. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. In addition, this position is eligible for variable incentive compensation (15 %) Available Health and Welfare benefits include, Prescription drug, dental and vision coverage; saving account options (such as a Health Care Flexible Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account, and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account); and an employee assistance program. Additional Benefits include a defined contribution 401(k) plan, employee life insurance, optional dependent life insurance, employee accidental death or dismemberment insurance coverage, short-disability, optional long-term disability, pre-tax transportation/commuter program, paid holidays, paid time off, parental leave, a layoff plan for salaried employees, tuition refund program, use of CareLoop, adoption assistance, optional identity theft prevention insurance, optional person legal assistance, and optional personal excess liability insurance.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No