EHS Legal Compliance Specialist - Shreveport, LA
GE Renewable Energy
New Orleans, LA, United States
28 days ago
Job Description Summary*This is an on-site position located in Shreveport, LA*
Manage the implementation of EHS certifications ensuring legal compliance and continuous improvement based on the company's external and and internally developed indicators to maintain the management system
Essential Responsibilities :
- Ensure regulatory and legal protection for operational continuity
- Maintain and manage current certifications and implement future certifications
- Maintain the management system
- Maintain EHS files and records.
- EHS Legal Compliance Tasks (Audits, inspections, documentation and reporting
- Record Keeping and file management
- Internal company reporting on EHS related areas
- Help implement new programs, policies and procedures.
- All other duties as deemed necessary.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college with 1-2 years previous EHS site experience OR
- Associate's degree from an accredited university or college with 3-4 years previous EHS site experience
Desired Characteristics :
- Previous Environmental Permit Management & Maintenance experience
- Waste Inventory Management experience (Haz, Non-Haz, other)
- Detail oriented
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently
- Must have analytical and problem solving ability
- Strong project management skills
- Strong knowledge of chemical properties
- Proven computer proficiency
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No