Hybrids Field Service Technician
GE Renewable Energy
30+ days ago
Job Description SummaryAt GE Renewable Energy, our service teams keep our world moving. They’re adaptable, determined, and safety-focused, thriving in high-pressure situations. They’re the kind of people who dig deep for answers, work collaboratively with the right teams to drive solutions, and who sit back and smile when they know they have done a great job. As part of this team, you’ll be rewarded with autonomy and trust, a collaborative, supportive team, and the chance to be empowered and successful, every single day.
The Field Service Technician will lead the field service processes of the GE Renewable Energy Hybrids business for installed photovoltaic inverters and battery energy storage system, reporting to the Services Leader.
- Provide on-site technical direction for installation, commissioning, troubleshooting, repair, operation, and maintenance and warranty remediation of power electronics including solar inverters and battery energy storage systems systems to ensure 97% or better up time
- Work scope includes electrical, instrumentation, and control system, including cable routing and terminations, loop checks, instrument calibration, safety and alarm system settings, software installation and settings, system start up, and system tests.
- Provide leadership and technical direction to skilled labor performing work at customer sites and assure that the work is completed in a safe manner, of the highest quality standards, and in full compliance with GE procedures, manuals, and work instructions.
- Drive customer experience trough effective communication, contract compliance, and meeting expectations with respect to safety, quality, and delivery for services products.
- Meet GE business expectations by leading business operational processes involving safety, quality, schedule, and cost for service business obligations.
- Communicate goals, deliverables, strategies, risks, and opportunities as required internally within GE.
- Protect GE’s reputation and technology in the marketplace.
- Promote a working environment that encourages employee involvement to achieve excellence in all services management metrics.
- Minimum college degree (Bachelors or Associates Engineering preferred)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in power electronics and controls field services, solar power system and battery storage systems maintenance, or power plant equipment installation/ commissioning. (GE experience preferred).
- Solar Energy System, Energy Battery Storage, and/or Hybrids product knowledge and business process experience
- Requires a thorough knowledge of inverter products and energy storage systems
- Must have knowledge of power electronics and controls.
- Must have knowledge of Modbus serial and Ethernet communications.
- Proficient in German and English language, both verbal and written
- 80% travel required
- Position will be based in Germany, with domestic and international travel
- Experience on PLC. MarkVI, Mark Vie, controls systems, preferable
- Ability to understand and implement controls software.
- Fluency in French is an advantage
- Strong communication skills
- Prior Lean continuous improvement experience
Relocation Assistance Provided: No