Commercial Leadership Program (CLP) - 2023 - Grid Solutions
GE Renewable Energy
30+ days ago
Job Description SummaryThe Commercial Leadership Program (CLP) at GE Grid Solutions develops sales and commercial leaders through stimulating rotational assignments and a rigorous training curriculum. CLP prepares its members for off-program placement in commercial roles by providing the opportunity to learn about GE Grid Solutions products and customers, while also making significant contributions to the business.
The Commercial Leadership Program (CLP) is a two-year program with four rotations, each six months in duration. Assignments will vary but will relate to commercial operations, pricing, marketing, product sales, or other sales support functions. CLPs are expected to be active outside of their main roles by taking part in or leading various small projects, committees, and other activities. In this role you are expected to leverage your problem-solving and people skills to bring solutions both internally and externally.
Grid Solutions, a GE Renewable Energy business, serves customers globally with over 12,000 employees. We provide power utilities and industries worldwide with equipment, systems, and
services to bring power reliably and efficiently from the point of generation to end power consumers. We are focused on addressing the challenges of the energy transition by enabling the
safe and reliable connection of renewable and distributed energy resources to the grid. For more about GE’s Grid Solutions, visit https://www.gegridsolutions.com.
Throughout the two years duration of the program, the assignments will vary depending on business requirements and the off-program role objectives. However, the CLP can expect the following responsibilities at one point or another during program:
- A two-year program providing on the job experience with personalized rotation assignments within the commercial functions and other areas of GE Grid Solutions giving you exposure to different areas, products, and leaders.
- World-class training in sales, leadership, and business skills. Program participants strengthen their commercial, business, and leadership skills by completing an intensive curriculum of classroom, hands-on, and online training.
- Work closely with the commercial team to support development of the overall business growth strategy, including market analysis and market opportunities identification and execution of the sales growth plan
- Support the Sales Managers to define the sales strategy for targeted clients and develop a thorough understanding and analysis of the core markets.
- Support the Sales Managers in the negotiation with customers; ensure deals deliver shareholder value to contribute positively to sales, orders, and profitability
- Work very closely with the Sales Manager to build the Risk & Opportunities analysis and the associated mitigation plans.
- Manage and negotiate commercial and contractual risk with the Inquiry to Order (ITO) process.
- Make technical presentations to the customers
- Partner with the Proposal team in the development of proposals to meet customers’ and sales team requirements.
- Accepting of formal mentoring and coaching by senior management
- Liaise, support, and monitor with the Commercial and Finance departments to ensure customers pay promptly and work with senior management of any necessary actions to ensure the business recovers all outstanding debts
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or relevant science degree, preferably in Electrical, Mechanical, Power Systems or Industrial Engineering.
- Prior intern or co-op experience, or relevant work experience (0-3 years) preferably in sales, sales support, or marketing in the Energy industry
- Academic excellence; minimum 3.0 cumulative overall GPA or better (out of 4.0)
- Professional Working Proficiency in French and English.
- Legal authorization to work in the EU.
- Demonstrates a strong interest in the Renewable Energy industry
- Geographic mobility for training and/or rotations
- Demonstrated project management and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Strong business acumen with the ability to motivate others
Relocation Assistance Provided: No