Job Description SummarySolar & Storage Solutions, a part of GE Vernova, provides innovative solar and energy storage systems for stationary applications. It is a fast-paced business that includes design, engineering, manufacturing, O&M and commercial organizations focused on developing and deploying renewable technologies globally to our customers.
The Solar & Storage Solutions business is growing through hiring, adding new customers, expanding into new geographies, and developing both new technology and products into the major electrical energy sectors. Our mission is making renewable energy more affordable, reliable and dispatchable by integrating one of the industry’s broadest portfolio of renewable technologies.
The Senior Applications Engineer will serve as the technical focal for customers in the region. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to, delivery of optimized, competitive technical solutions aligned to customer requirements on time, sharing lessons learned to improve future proposals, and implementing process improvements to enhance productivity.
- Technical lead for Solar & Storage Solutions proposals in the region.
- Review customer specification versus GE standard platform and clearly document clarifications and/or exceptions to customer specifications
- Develop GE technical proposal to best suit the customer's use case and requirements.
- Sizing the system using a variety of tools.
- Produce all drawings necessary to represent offer.
- Complete customer technical fill-in data and answer customer questions.
- Organize equipment costs and cycle for the proposal.
- Report status and problems to deal team members in a timely fashion.
- Present technical proposal to GE leadership team detailing system performance capability and risks.
- After winning project, support a clean hand over of technical solution to the project execution team.
- Coordinate with all suppliers to assure appropriate costs and schedules align with customer needs.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering
- A wealth of working experience with electrical equipment
- Skilled at technical writing and presentations
- Able to perform engineering calculations using common tools (i.e. excel, MATLAB python, etc.)
- Familiar with industrial specifications and procurement processes
- Ability to work well alone and as part of a global team
- Mindset of continuous improvement
- Familiar with battery storage and solar technology, DC:AC inverter technology, electrical one line diagrams, DC systems and 3 phase power systems (relays, breakers, cable sizing, transformers).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to review and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
#LI-Remote - This is a remote position
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes