Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer (C++ / RTOS / Python) - HYBRID
GE Renewable Energy
30+ days ago
Job Description SummaryResponsible for designing , developing and testing Embedded Software (Firmware), platforms and systems that runs on devices that need to be tailored to the needs of the hardware that it has to run on.
As part of a multi-developer firmware team the major responsibilities will include analysis, design, implementation and testing of firmware for Transmission product line. The Senior Developer will report to the Senior Software Manager.
Grid Solutions, a GE Renewable Energy business, serves customers globally with over 13,000 employees. We provide power utilities and industries worldwide with equipment, systems, and services to bring power reliably and efficiently from the point of generation to end power consumers. We are focused on addressing the challenges of the energy transition by enabling the safe and reliable connection of renewable and distributed energy resources to the grid. For more about GE’s Grid Solutions, visit https://www.gegridsolutions.com
Why we come to work
At GE Renewable Energy, our engineers are always up for the challenge - and we’re always driven to find the best solution. Our projects are unique and interesting, and you’ll need to bring a solution-focused, positive approach to each one to do your best. Surrounded by committed, loyal colleagues, if you can dare to bring your ingenuity and desire to make an impact, you’ll be exposed to game-changing, diverse projects that truly allow you to play your part in the green energy transition.
- Architects, designs and/or programs/develops a small module or a large component, feature, set of features, whole feature area or entire embedded software product. Some areas of expertise may include, but is not limited to, networks, operating systems, cybersecurity, databases, or applications.
- Identifies scope of the work, provide initial estimate and justify the estimate with facts
- Engages in technical discussions; participates in technical designs and presents technical ideas through white boarding
- Designs and implements features or components of feature on request from various programs
- Works closely with peers and keeps engaging in a fast pace technical design and development team
- Executes in a fast pace delivery mode and focuses in delivering tasks to meet the product release goal
- Maintains code quality through best practices, code reviews and unit testing
- Customer-oriented focus in the root cause analysis of issues during programs execution
- Seeks and provides feedback on design and development
- Demonstrates the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment
- Articulates the need for scalability and understand the importance of improving quality through testing.
- Provides guidance to other team members with either planning and execution and/or design architecture
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering.
- A minimum of 8 years of embedded development experience.
- C++ preferably C++17 programming skills and understanding of object oriented design and development
- Strong grasp of RTOS; VxWorks, embedded Linux fundamentals
- Good understanding and programming skills of modern languages such as GO and Python
- Exposure to modern development environments CI/CD, automated software unit-testing
- Knowledge of microcontrollers; NXP Freescale family, Xilinx SoC’s, Altera SoC's
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes