Job Description SummaryCustomer Technical Support (Hardware) engineers in the Global Applications & Support team specialize in Grid Automation (GA) and have the primary mission of advanced (Level 3) product support to GA Regions. The role is expected to demonstrate technical leadership, team-work capability and the ability to keep up with evolving hardware/firmware technologies in the grid automation domain. Customer interactions are integral to the role, as a domain expert representing the Product Line. Customer Support engineers should be adaptable to the very dynamic work environment of the team
Grid Solutions, a GE Renewable Energy business, serves customers globally with over 12,000 employees. We provide power utilities and industries worldwide with equipment, systems, and services to bring power reliably and efficiently from the point of generation to end power consumers. We are focused on addressing the challenges of the energy transition by enabling the safe and reliable connection of renewable and distributed energy resources to the grid. For more about GE’s Grid Solutions, visit https://www.gegridsolutions.com.
- Level 3 (advanced) technical support on assigned product platforms, covering both post-sales and pre-sales tasks.
- Resolve customer complaints (LSN/ACT) on products and prepare necessary customer communication such as Customer Technical Reports.
- Lead Customer meetings and/or Site visits to gather evidence or troubleshoot site issues.
- Create test setups and conduct tests specific to issue resolution, workarounds or Root Cause Analysis.
- Drive hardware defect investigations to conclusion and develop permanent solutions in collaboration with R&D or other relevant teams.
- Bubble assignments to protection applications and communications/networking expected during the first two years in the role.
- Write internal reports covering defect investigations such as 8D.
- Cooperate with Repairs team in complex investigations.
- Open and monitor non-conformities tickets on product issues as necessary and support Containment/Corrective Actions
- Interface with various Quality teams (Regional quality, Manufacturing quality, Supplier quality etc.) as necessary
- Collaborate with R&D: Align investigation findings with future design enhancements to GA products.
- Ability to travel (globally) up to 10% of time.
- Performing all activities, especially in Laboratory areas, in compliance with the Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communications or closely related discipline) .
- Minimum of 5 years with protection devices / embedded systems used in electrical networks.
- Knowledge of and experience with state-of-the-art tools and techniques for testing, troubleshooting and analyzing numerical relay hardware
- Fluent in English. Other languages may be valued.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Team worker.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to manage multiple customer support activities simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Flexibility and capability to adapt to different business needs in the job.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No