Job Description SummaryThe Regional Manager of Finance (MF) will be accountable for managing the full Income statement, cash flow statement and balance sheet for his/her region. The regional MF position will report into the Global Business Line CFO, and functionally into the Regional Business line (BL) leader. The regional MF will be responsible for closely partnering with the Regional BL leader to support all activities in the region from ITO to OTR. The scope includes products and services business development, product/system qualification supported by BL’s tendering, projects execution, Quality, Manufacturing, Sourcing, Lean, EHS and customer satisfaction.
The Regional MF will manage all finance resources within the region to support the regional and global business line strategy, including developing the required finance competencies, processes and controls covering commercial finance, projects/products finance, controllership and FP&A. The regional MF will lead the financial planning activities for the region and actively support the regional BL leader to deliver on strategic, operational and financial objectives for his/her region.
Grid Solutions, a GE Renewable Energy business, serves customers globally with over 12,000 employees. We provide power utilities and industries worldwide with equipment, systems, and services to bring power reliably and efficiently from the point of generation to end power consumers. We are focused on addressing the challenges of the energy transition by enabling the safe and reliable connection of renewable and distributed energy resources to the grid. For more about GE’s Grid Solutions, visit https://www.gegridsolutions.com.
The Regional MF will be responsible for supporting the regional BL leader to execute on overall business strategy and delivering top-line profitable growth and supporting the continued growth of the business. The Regional MF is accountable for supporting profitable orders and topline sales growth, driving productivity programs including cost-out initiatives to manage overall cost structure, and taking necessary actions to generate positive free cash flow in the region. This includes partnering with the commercial team to identify and win profitable orders underpinned by strong commercial underwriting & governance, driving cost-out of products / projects in the region, managing capital allocation and new product investments, optimizing/ reducing structural cost and executing working capital improvements.
You will also responsible in leading day-to-day ERP migration from Oracle to SAP in NAM selling unit in Canada and US to make SAP go-live successful with smooth first quarter close. Deploy the lessons learnt from previous Oracle to SAP move and implement best practices.
Other responsibilities include:
- Fully accountable for the regional Income statement, balance sheet and free cash flow statement
- Provide financial leadership to establish and achieve financial goals and objectives
- Lead the development and implementation of all financial planning cycles from 3-year long-term strategy, annual budget, to quarterly / monthly forecasts
- Establish and maintain a financial measurement and reporting system, which provides management with appropriate information and drives appropriate accountability across the region
- Serve as a business partner to the regional BL leader and operating team to drive vision, business initiatives, growth and profitability
- Provide visibility to sub-product line performance within region, including clear visibility to service performance and KPIs … to identify financial trends, highlight risk and opportunities and drive data-based business decisions
- Develop effective operational partnerships to achieve financial objectives
- Actively partner with global BL and global GS finance functional leaders to ensure implementation of and compliance to global processes & policies
- Build regional capabilities to report and analyze financial performance on a monthly basis from ITO through OTR
- Developing product and project level financial visibility and monitoring, including driving as-executed CM performance on projects, and working cross-functionally to manage the direct material, direct labor and overhead costs across the manufacturing and services sites within the region
Develop and drive working capital reduction programs to improve working capital turns, including receivables and payables management, inventory turns and progress/deferred management across project portfolio
Monitor and support ERP move from Oracle to SAP in NAM sites, take the lessons learnt from previous Oracle to SAP move and implement best practices.
Standardize different processes between sites, lean close process by eliminating ‘waste’. Guarantee the right usage of SAP.
Ensure strong controllership process and mindset in all aspects of financial operations to ensure compliance with internal control and procedures and minimize business risk
- Development of regional finance team including selection, assimilation, communication, performance planning, development and recognition
- Recruit, mentor and develop finance talent including building a pipeline of talent for the region
Qualifications / Requirements
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Finance from an accredited college or university or the same knowledge/experience
- Prior experience managing a multi-functional, regional Finance organization
- Strong knowledge on SAP
- Strategic thinker with the ability to create and execute concrete programs and action plans
- Experience overseeing commercial organization and engineering functions
- Prior experience working in businesses with multiple business models i.e. projects, products, and services
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and to prioritize effectively
- Established analytical, project management, organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated team leadership ability
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and influencing skills in a matrix organization
- Ability to anticipate, identify, and resolve complex financial issues
- Ability to work with remote and cross functional/cultural teams
Relocation Assistance Provided: No